North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Select coaching Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Select coaching

Go down

Select coaching Empty Select coaching

Post by amir 26/11/13, 12:01 am

hello,

I am coaching kids for few years. I wanted to know what are the steps to become a select coach? Would appreciate any information.

Amir

amir
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Select coaching Empty Re: Select coaching

Post by Zizou 26/11/13, 08:56 am

amir wrote:hello,

I am coaching kids for few years.  I wanted to know what are the steps to become a select coach? Would appreciate any information.

Amir
Coaching education would be a good place to start. http://www.ntxsoccer.org/coaching/main.aspx

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 26/11/13, 09:05 am

I say buy Rosetta Stone British edition first. Once you have mastered the accent and local terminology, you will be more than ready to teach soccer in NTX. Twisted Evil 

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by amir 26/11/13, 10:18 am

Amigos wrote:

I am coaching kids for few years.  I wanted to know what are the steps to become a select coach? Would appreciate any information.

Amir
Coaching education would be a good place to start. http://www.ntxsoccer.org/coaching/main.aspx
Thank you! Once I have the certification do I just apply? Is there any kind of "test" to see how I am coaching the team?

Amir

amir
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by amir 26/11/13, 10:19 am

tpitty wrote:I say buy Rosetta Stone British edition first. Once you have mastered the accent and local terminology, you will be more than ready to teach soccer in NTX. Twisted Evil 
Very Happy Well, I have Hebrew accent as I came from Israel 7 years ago. I guess it might work as well Cool 

amir
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/11/13, 10:28 am

Amir - You said you have been coaching for a few years. My 1st question would be what age group and do you have a team to take into Select? Select soccer starts at the U11 age group. Any age group before that (younger) would be considered Academy. I would think that without a decent coaching resume, it would be difficult to start a Select team from ground zero. If you have a team that can transition from Academy to Select as an independent, that would be much easier. If you already have a recreational team that is Select age and are considering moving to competitive, be ready for much more of a time commitment, start low and work your way up. There is a big learning curve for the coach and the kids. Most coaches at the Select level are expected to have a national "D" license although it is not always required.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 26/11/13, 10:32 am

amir wrote:
Amigos wrote:

Amir
Thank you! Once I have the certification do I just apply? Is there any kind of "test" to see how I am coaching the team?

Amir
No test, no application, just back ground check for security.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by amir 26/11/13, 10:34 am

Amigos wrote:
amir wrote:
Amigos wrote:

Amir

Amir
Thank you! Does that mean that nay guy with certification and background check can become a select coach?

amir
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/11/13, 10:38 am

amir wrote:
Amigos wrote:
amir wrote:
Amigos wrote:

Amir

Amir
Thank you! Does that mean that nay guy with certification and background check can become a select coach?
Amir - While you will likely get good information on this forum, your best bet will be to simply contact NTSSA (ntxsoccer.org is their website) directly. They are the sanctioning body over all of the select leagues in NTX. They are typically very helpful and will be able to answer all of your questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzbeatbrutes 26/11/13, 10:43 am

If you dont have a team, then you need one for sure. The way to become a select coach is to coach a U11 or higher team in a competitive league (girls classic league, plano premier, or arlington, if you are local).

As noted above, the expectation is at least a US "D" license (or UEFA equivalent, I think Israel is in UEFA) or some kind of "regional level" training from NSCAA. Playing experience is a plus, and you said you already have coaching experience.

If you dont have a team, then you need to find one. Talk to local clubs, starting with any local association you might be nearby. Many associations that run the rec leagues are also forming competitive teams.

As noted above, you can start a team at the "Academy" level, which means 4 yrs - 9 yrs old (U5-U10). "Select" is U11 and higher.

If you need more guidance, check out the North Texas soccer site for coaching resources, and to find coaching clinics including said D license.

Good luck!
skillzbeatbrutes
skillzbeatbrutes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by amir 26/11/13, 10:44 am

bwgophers wrote:
amir wrote:
Amigos wrote:
amir wrote:
Amigos wrote:

Amir

Amir
Amir - While you will likely get good information on this forum, your best bet will be to simply contact NTSSA (ntxsoccer.org is their website) directly.  They are the sanctioning body over all of the select leagues in NTX.  They are typically very helpful and will be able to answer all of your questions.  
Thank you! I will contact them as well.

amir
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by amir 26/11/13, 10:50 am

skillzbeatbrutes wrote:If you dont have a team, then you need one for sure.  The way to become a select coach is to coach a U11 or higher team in a competitive league (girls classic league, plano premier, or arlington, if you are local).  

As noted above, the expectation is at least a US "D" license (or UEFA equivalent, I think Israel is in UEFA) or some kind of "regional level" training from NSCAA.  Playing experience is a plus, and you said you already have coaching experience.

If you dont have a team, then you need to find one.  Talk to local clubs, starting with any local association you might be nearby.  Many associations that run the rec leagues are also forming competitive teams.

As noted above, you can start a team at the "Academy" level, which means 4 yrs - 9 yrs old (U5-U10).  "Select" is U11 and higher.

If you need more guidance, check out the North Texas soccer site for coaching resources, and to find coaching clinics including said D license.

Good luck!
Thank you! So just for clarification, if my team is 7 years old, I can take them to academy, and from there go select when they are in the appropriate age group? So in the Plano area, are there any known academies? I know PSA which is the one I coaching rec there has some academy.

amir
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzbeatbrutes 26/11/13, 11:09 am

amir wrote:Thank you! So just for clarification, if my team is 7 years old, I can take them to academy, and from there go select when they are in the appropriate age group? So in the Plano area, are there any known academies? I know PSA which is the one I coaching rec there has some academy.
Correct. The way to take your rec team to Academy is to play in one of the Academy leagues, such as Prime Time or SDL. Each league has its own rules, requirements, etc.

You can check the appropriate sub forum on here for where everyone is playing. U8 should be in the 06 or 07 forum. Academy games are usually Sundays, so that the kids can "double roster" and continue to play in their Rec teams on Saturday, if thats in their best interests. If you start training your 7 year olds now, giving them the skills they need to play and good experience, and then placing them in the right Academy league, and dont burn them out Crying or Very sad  then you are on the right track for them to play Select at U11.
skillzbeatbrutes
skillzbeatbrutes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by amir 26/11/13, 11:28 am

skillzbeatbrutes wrote:
amir wrote:Thank you! So just for clarification, if my team is 7 years old, I can take them to academy, and from there go select when they are in the appropriate age group? So in the Plano area, are there any known academies? I know PSA which is the one I coaching rec there has some academy.
Correct.  The way to take your rec team to Academy is to play in one of the Academy leagues, such as Prime Time or SDL.  Each league has its own rules, requirements, etc.  

You can check the appropriate sub forum on here for where everyone is playing. U8 should be in the 06 or 07 forum.  Academy games are usually Sundays, so that the kids can "double roster" and continue to play in their Rec teams on Saturday, if thats in their best interests.  If you start training your 7 year olds now, giving them the skills they need to play and good experience, and then placing them in the right Academy league, and dont burn them out Crying or Very sad  then you are on the right track for them to play Select at U11.  
Thank yo so much for the information!

Amir

amir
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down