North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

End of an Era? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

End of an Era?

Go down

End of an Era? Empty End of an Era?

Post by MauMau 25/03/11, 05:05 pm

OK, I've heard, (second hand of course), that the LHGCL Board voted and the
ECNL teams are gone. (Was advised that the vote was not even close.) If so, does
that really mean DI will lose 5 teams? Losing the top four teams would certainly
promote parity in LH, but I've always thougt it was beneficial for our girls to
play against National Contenders.

Any clue on what that does to Premire League? I find it hard to believe that PL will
simply take the next four LH DI teams in line. However, I would suspect that the other
regional teams are excited about the prospect.(?)

Anyone care to speculate?
MauMau
MauMau
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

End of an Era? Empty Re: End of an Era?

Post by TorquauyU 25/03/11, 05:07 pm

MauMau wrote:OK, I've heard, (second hand of course), that the LHGCL Board voted and the
ECNL teams are gone. (Was advised that the vote was not even close.) If so, does
that really mean DI will lose 5 teams? Losing the top four teams would certainly

Any clue on what that does to Premire League? I find it hard to believe that PL will
simply take the next four LH DI teams in line. However, I would suspect that the other

I'll speculate.
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 25/03/11, 05:13 pm

Anyone have any insight to how LHGCL may view the ECNL Club teams in the U11-U14 agegroups? Do they drop them all together for the hassle it brings at U15?
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 26/03/11, 07:35 am

"Any clue on what that does to Premire League?"
No, but getting "kicked" out of LHGCL is one thing and kicked out of all USYSA events is a whole lot different...
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/11, 08:26 am

When such a time comes for ECNL teams to move on they could just make all teams requalify giving teams goals to work towards. Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/11, 09:31 am

1more_dd_dad wrote:Anyone have any insight to how LHGCL may view the ECNL Club teams in the U11-U14 agegroups? Do they drop them all together for the hassle it brings at U15?
This probably will be where Jr's ECNL comes into play!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionic Cat 26/03/11, 08:50 pm

TorquauyU wrote:
MauMau wrote:OK, I've heard, (second hand of course), that the LHGCL Board voted and the

I'll speculate.

End of an Era? I-need-you-to-pick-up-the-phone-sell-sell-sell
Bionic Cat
Bionic Cat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 26/03/11, 10:00 pm

its my understanding at this point....no LHGCL, no PL, no Regional play. Just ECNL. For the top teams there will only be 1 National Championship to play for and that will be the ECNL version as of August 1.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 27/03/11, 06:04 am

So your understanding is that USYSA is kicking out ECNL? So, no State Cup either? I don't think so... This is a LHGCL vote is what I am gathering from the discussion...
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 27/03/11, 09:56 am

AgGermany wrote:So your understanding is that USYSA is kicking out ECNL? So, no State Cup either? I don't think so... This is a LHGCL vote is what I am gathering from the discussion...

Not so sure if they are kicking us out, but yes.....no state cup, no regionals, and only one national championship......as i stated previously. With all due respect, LHGCL is the lowest denominator to consider.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 27/03/11, 04:54 pm

AgGermany wrote:So your understanding is that USYSA is kicking out ECNL? So, no State Cup either? I don't think so... This is a LHGCL vote is what I am gathering from the discussion...

USYSA is not kicking out the ECNL teams. It's the other way around.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/03/11, 10:19 pm

BigBoy wrote:

Not so sure if they are kicking us out, but yes.....no state cup, no regionals, and only one national championship......as i stated previously. With all due respect, LHGCL is the lowest denominator to consider.
I believe U.S. Club Soccer has a State Cup program.

State Cup

US CLUB SOCCER STATE CUP SANCTIONING

US Club Soccer will consider applications, authorizing member clubs and leagues to be designated as the Tournament Authority to conduct a State Cup competition in their state. This document sets forth the parameters of the competition sanctioning. Any interested members shall complete a State Cup hosting application, but only after consultation with US Club Soccer.

1. Tournament Authority-- Members interested in being a State Cup Tournament Authority shall submit an application, and shall demonstrate the experience and ability to conduct a tournament at this competitive level, the availability of adequate facilities, the organization (see Host Site Requirements), and a commitment to a quality competition, with a format and schedule that is conducive to a quality competitive experience.

2. Team Eligibility-- The State Cup is restricted to US Club Soccer club and league members. However, if slots are available, members of other USSF-affiliated organizations may apply to participate. If accepted, any such non-members shall register that team with, and receive player cards and tournament insurance from, US Club Soccer. The Tournament Authority shall insure that all US Club Soccer State Cup teams play with their US Club Soccer cards.

3. Competition Brackets-- The Tournament Authority may choose, in consultation with US Club Soccer, Division 1, and/or Premier Divisions for their State Cup tournament, depending on each area’s competitive goals.

4. Competition Format & Schedule-- The Tournament Authority shall determine the format, seeding, and schedule of games, and subject to the review and approval of US Club Soccer.

5. State Cup Winners-- The winners at each State Cup age group and competitive division shall be given seeding consideration for the US Club Soccer National Cup. Other State Cup team participants may separately apply and participate in the National Cup. The State Cup shall be completed by May 1 to have their teams be eligible for seeding in that summer’s National Cup.

6. Competition Rules, Rosters, Etc.-- Shall be the same as the US Club Soccer National Cup. With the exception of alleged referee assault/abuse, discipline matters shall be handled in the first instance by the Tournament Authority.

7. Event Promotions-- US Club Soccer shall assist in promoting the State Cup by providing a logo, website exposure, press releases, and solicitation emails to potential team participants.

8. State Cup Applications-- Applications for the State Cup shall be submitted online to the Soccer in College tournament software program, which shall provide a draft schedule and other tournament administration reports. The fee for utilization of this program shall be paid by the Tournament Authority from State Cup proceeds. If Soccer in College is not used, the host club shall provide access to the tournament software account.

9. Financial Considerations-- The sanctioning application shall complete a budget for the event on the form provided. The Tournament Authority shall assume all the expenses associated with the event. In turn, the Tournament Authority shall retain the following revenues:

--Cup fees shall be retained by the Tournament Authority

--Any food concessions and parking revenues may be retained by the Tournament Authority.

--US Club Soccer reserves the right to produce State Cup apparel and retain all benefits from such sales.

--Suitable awards will be approved by US Club Soccer, and paid for by the Tournament Authority.

--A relationship with local hotels may be established, with a rebate returned to the Tournament Authority; however team attendance at a tournament hotel may not be mandatory.

10. Sponsorship & Signage-- US Club Soccer reserves the right to provide exposure for their sponsors at the State Cup, and retains a right of first refusal on all sponsorship categories. Any expenses generated by the fulfillment of such sponsorship rights shall be borne by US Club Soccer.

-- Ninety (90) days prior to the State Cup, US Club Soccer may release sponsor categories to the Tournament Authority that it will not otherwise utilize.

--US Club Soccer reserves the right to provide sponsor and other signage for the State Cup, at its expense.

11. Application-- To discuss the potential to host a State Cup, more information can be obtained by contacting Leo Garcia at 843-614-4140 x13, or by e-mail lgarcia@usclubsoccer.org

STATE CUP HOST SITE REQUIREMENTS

Fields:
 Number of fields shall be available to accommodate the teams participating, lined with corner flags, goals, and benches. (Stadium field not required, but a plus). Format is flexible. Multiple sites and dates for preliminary rounds are acceptable.
 Facility location acceptable to accommodate a State Cup competition.
 Smooth, natural grass playing surface, with adequate grass cover, or FIFA approved natural grass.
 Lighted fields not required, but a plus.
 Tournament Authority is responsible for all field maintenance (mowing, lining fields, etc)
 Facility contract signed by the Tournament Authority. Insurance provided by US Club Soccer.

Grounds should offer:
 Adequate parking; parking fee OK.
 Adequate restroom facilities.
 Adequate garbage containers.
 Food concessions.
 Notice board to post game results (central location) - Recommended.
 Scorer’s tent (can be combined with registration tent) - Recommended.

Hotels should offer:
 Adequate budget level hotels within 30 minute drive from fields.
 Stay at tournament hotels encouraged, but not mandatory.

Additional Space & Miscellaneous Needs:
 Site management office/meeting space.
 Registration tent, referee tent, & trainers tent.
 Tables & chairs for tents.
 Complex layout & field maps.

Staffing:
 One Tournament Director.
 One USSF-certified referee assignor, and referees of sufficient experience and appropriate grade levels.
 All volunteers: team liaisons, field monitors (1 per field), official scorers, team check-in, field set-up and breakdown, etc.
 Staff to post game results on board, website, and email.
 Trainer (for injuries only; no taping).
 EMS vehicle on site or readily accessible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 28/03/11, 07:59 am

#2420: And the purpose of this post is?

Of course, there is a State Cup and will be for the foreseeable future. The trouble for USYS is that ECNL teams will probably not be competing in State Cup after this year.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 08:27 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:#2420: And the purpose of this post is?

Of course, there is a State Cup and will be for the foreseeable future. The trouble for USYS is that ECNL teams will probably not be competing in State Cup after this year.

Well if they will not be allowed to enter USYS state cup. They may be able to enter in a U.S. Club Soccer State Cup in the future? It could also serve as a wild card for other 1st,2nd, and 3rd teams in the (non-ECNL)clubs in the area. To move on to ECNL events or to be invited into the league. Does that make sense to you?

The real reason was to intice you into hosting a State Cup thru U.S. Club Soccer. What do you think?

I did not think their was much wrong with our leagues before ECNL either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum