North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'03 Division Outlook - Page 12 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

'03 Division Outlook

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

'03 Division Outlook - Page 12 Empty Re: '03 Division Outlook

Post by BumpyPitch 04/12/12, 03:14 pm

flygirl wrote:
oldboot wrote:
flygirl wrote:
go99 wrote:
RocketFish wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:

Temperature just dropped about 30 degrees in every 03/04 Liverpool parent's house, car...

HeHe... bom

Bumpy with yet another grenade...geez lay off the LP parents and their coach/teams. They lost Whelan, no need to stir the pot any further. Congrats to d'feeters for their recent acquisition. May be a force to reckon with in the future, sure hope so..ECNL is game changer.

LMAO ECNL is no game changer for 03's. It is the biggest lie going these days. "Better join now because we have an ECNL team" The truth is you need to play better than your peers. Because when ECNL comes around nobody will care how long you have played for "The feet ers" or FCD or any other club. It's not a league based on senority it's based on ability. Good to see the feet back in the game though

Come on 99, you are saying that ECNL teams just materialize when they come of age and that no prior coach, organization or team relationship has anything to do with the dynamic? Maybe for Feet the last few years, but they got a bad wrap and are obviously trying to change that reputation and mode of operation.

Its just like the top teams for select, the coaches for the most part know key / core players they are going with seasons, if not years in advance. Most ECNL Solar girls come from Solar, ECNL Texans are mostly from the Texans etc. etc.

CURRENTLY - ECNL is a game changer for most as that is where the college coaches pay the most attention - that's not an opinion, thats a fact- just look at the threads surrounding it in past age groups. Most nay sayers are the ones who have DDs who do not play at an elite level - I know there are anomalies, but not many...

I believe that technical term for it is: TRYOUTS. Every ECNL team has them and if your DD is good enough, it doesn't matter what badge she wore the previous 3 years.

It would be interesting to peer into a current first year ECNL team and see where they come from - I could be completely wrong, but I think you would find the majority come from within the organization...

Ask any 00 parent, they are about to go through the process this year. I would say 75% would be from current team and the others 25% are from others. Changing colors, badges and practice locations - for many reasons: may not have been a starter here but would start over there, recruited from XX club to Y club, financial reasons (Scholarship, yes it happens).

Or ask any 99 parent - they went through it last year...it is a revolving door and DDs change teams all the time. Some don't want the commitment of ECNL at an older age and play D1, others love it. Depends on the DD and family.

Last edited by BumpyPitch on 04/12/12, 03:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 04/12/12, 03:22 pm

go99 wrote:I would hope they are mostly internal. If not it means the club is doing a poor job of developing talent. Still doesn't change the fact that the ECNL is open to ANYBODY with the ability.

ECNL is used as bait to try and lure talented players from their current teams. Hey come here and in a few years we are gonna put you on our ECNL team. If you fail to keep pace you will find that the "opportunity" presented to you will dry up. But don't worry, they will still cash your check. So if they sell you on the game changer do you get a refund if you don't get on the team?

Don't agree at all, the quality of play is better in ECNL. Cost is a bit more than D1. The top D1 teams travel too, Surf Cup, Pike's Peak, wherever so travel is costly on both sides. No one is luring anybody. You go to any ECNL event the top coaches are there watching the girls play, it is the highest level across the nation for girls to play. A college coach can hit a majority of the top talent in one place, now that is luring to me and my DD when the time comes. Could care less if she wore red or blue at that point.

Second point to be made is that your DD has to find a coach that can bring the 'best' out of her and someone she responds to. If he is jerk and yell at her, does she respond. If so, let hm be a jerk. Is she learning and developing and getting 'better'? Not in his/hers (the coaches) eyes, in yours?

Find a way through the smoke up your a$$ speech, no smokes and mirrors - is it a good fit for your kid? Make educated decisions - if don't ask questions you will never know, GET EDUCATED Exclamation Exclamation How Question Question Ask around.

Older parents within the club, other clubs - friends and other families...you would do your research if you were looking for a new job right Question Same thing here Idea
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 04/12/12, 03:44 pm

Bumpy, some of the best advice I've seen on here.
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/12/12, 04:07 pm

not sure what you disagree with bumpy. We seem to be on the same page. The luring away of players isn't done at the ECNL age it is done at a much younger age to talk parents into bringing their kids to teams that are in clubs that have ECNL. So to get you to leave that coach that "is" doing those things that you said. "Sure he is a great coach but we have ECNL and you are going to want to be in the pool early". So as YOU said find a coach that can teach your DD to play and when the time comes if she feels she needs to move to the ECNL she will be able too.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSerum 04/12/12, 04:17 pm

[quote="go99"]
flygirl wrote:
go99 wrote:Now that I think about it I seemed to remeber the postings for the open practices for the ecnl teams. Wide open for every little girl with a pulse, game, and the guts to come try for a spot.

And all the LP parents are singing in unison...[/quotey]

Actually I belive the top 98 LP team stayed relatively intact. But you are right ECNL is an issue LP needs to solve but its still not an 03 issue
Actually that is not the case. LP 98 was a great team before ECNL came and robbed them of players (@ u13). Now they are a good team with a great coach. LP 98 Elite lost some players year 1 of slect, the most notable to Sting and then lost a few more this ECNL season. They are a good team still but not what the once were and not at the level of the ECNL teams. Dating back to year 1 of ECNL when they had only lost a few players to the big clubs the team was 1-1-1 vs ECNL teams with the lone win vs a lowly (then and now) Challenge 98 ECNL (Houston). ECNL has not been kind to LP 98 and that trend wont change unless they get in ECNL.

TruthSerum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 04/12/12, 04:18 pm

go99 wrote:not sure what you disagree with bumpy. We seem to be on the same page. The luring away of players isn't done at the ECNL age it is done at a much younger age to talk parents into bringing their kids to teams that are in clubs that have ECNL. So to get you to leave that coach that "is" doing those things that you said. "Sure he is a great coach but we have ECNL and you are going to want to be in the pool early". So as YOU said find a coach that can teach your DD to play and when the time comes if she feels she needs to move to the ECNL she will be able too.

I agree - and if that coach just happens to be an ecnl coach, all the better.

Remember, bumpy has been on the bottle since noon. I expect things to get really juicy as the night progresses.
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 04/12/12, 04:22 pm

go99 wrote:not sure what you disagree with bumpy. We seem to be on the same page. The luring away of players isn't done at the ECNL age it is done at a much younger age to talk parents into bringing their kids to teams that are in clubs that have ECNL. So to get you to leave that coach that "is" doing those things that you said. "Sure he is a great coach but we have ECNL and you are going to want to be in the pool early". So as YOU said find a coach that can teach your DD to play and when the time comes if she feels she needs to move to the ECNL she will be able too.

I am sure we are on the same page. I hate to hear about 03s being lured to clubs that have ECNL. If they are doing that now, well in the long run that is where you want to be. Shame on you if you fall for that crapola. Find a home that develops your daughter, if it happens to be with the "Big 5' - Feet, Sting, Texans, Solar and FCD then so be it you are in the place earlier than some. Doesn't mean you will be there come QT, the following Fall/Spring and so on. Put yourself in a position for your DD to be successful and develop your DD to their best ability.

Do skills with someone else than YOUR coach if your DD needs to focus on key aspects of the game, touch, control, shooting/finishing, GKing - just to name a few. Hell, play futsal to work on quick decision making, skills and a much faster pace game. I see tons of DDs playing indoor and futsal these days that in one way or another assist your DD in improving their game, whatever it may be.

So yes ECNL is a game changer - in a few years for the 03s. Now the talk of Jr. ECNL dipping into the U12/U13 for tournaments is a game changer as well.

This talk of pre-pre-ECNL could be game a changer. I hope it doesn't happen, it is too early.

IMO - this pre-pre-ECNL crap that is being talked about isn't going to work unless you have other teams that the 'Big 5' in our area participate, meaning OK and STX. We have the best of the best right here in our own backyard, there is no need for any pre-pre anything, LHGCL is doing just fine the first few years of select IMO. Why dilute it make some rogue pre-pre-ECNL league that only 5 teams will play in and you will make your own rules up. Sounds like a poor excuse to leave some quality teams out in the Top 10.

My head hurts 'nd the dishwasher just went off, the laundry needs to be done and the kids need a snack. A wife;s work is never done I tell ya. And then I need some more wine....the kool-aid says FlyGirl drunken

Last edited by BumpyPitch on 04/12/12, 05:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSerum 04/12/12, 04:46 pm

ECNL is a game changer but should have little if anynimpact at u10/u11.

If you are thinking of joining a team that has an ECNL coach then THE ONLY team for you is SRSA.

The only potential exception may be Hilliard but not because he is qualified rather because D'feeters is inept. Most people dont even consider them an ECNL club. They are that bad relative to the big 3 ( Solar, Sting, Texans).

Therefore you cant begin positioning your kid with the ECNL coach because there is only 1 in the 03 division.

However, you could start positioning yourself at an ECNL club knowing that if you are on one of the top 2-3 teams at the club then TWO years from now he/she may put a good word in for you when they are helping the eventual ECNL coach fill the roster. I wouldnt advocate this but I can see and wouldnt begrudge a parent that went this route. It may or may not payoff for you. I will say that showing up to an open tryout without anyone lending you a helping eye and you not having an unbelievable standout tryout is a tough way to make a team, but it happens.

5 ECNL teams
22 players per team
110 players on ECNL teams
Maybe 10-15 standout, cant miss, highly visible players who coaches will already know when they step out the car

Several hundred '03 wanna be ECNL players

Leaves 95-100 spots to be filled by whatever means from several hundred entrants. I wouldnt fault a parent for trying to get into these clubs now but not at the expense of development. I would imagine lots of rosters to be filled with devil that you know players who in club coaches have help to be seen versus out of club players just showign up at tryouts.

TruthSerum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 04/12/12, 09:26 pm

TruthSerum wrote:ECNL is a game changer but should have little if anynimpact at u10/u11.

If you are thinking of joining a team that has an ECNL coach then THE ONLY team for you is SRSA.

The only potential exception may be Hilliard but not because he is qualified rather because D'feeters is inept. Most people dont even consider them an ECNL club. They are that bad relative to the big 3 ( Solar, Sting, Texans).

Therefore you cant begin positioning your kid with the ECNL coach because there is only 1 in the 03 division.

However, you could start positioning yourself at an ECNL club knowing that if you are on one of the top 2-3 teams at the club then TWO years from now he/she may put a good word in for you when they are helping the eventual ECNL coach fill the roster. I wouldnt advocate this but I can see and wouldnt begrudge a parent that went this route. It may or may not payoff for you. I will say that showing up to an open tryout without anyone lending you a helping eye and you not having an unbelievable standout tryout is a tough way to make a team, but it happens.

5 ECNL teams
22 players per team
Maybe 10-15 standout, cant miss, highly visible players who coaches will already know when they step out the car

Leaves 95-100 spots to be filled by whatever means from several hundred entrants. I wouldnt fault a parent for trying to get into these clubs now but not at the expense of development. I would imagine lots of rosters to be filled with devil that you know players who in club coaches have help to be seen versus out of club players just showign up at tryouts.

So much for warm welcomes coach hillard. Guess a forum thump on the head is better than how predator was welcomed by srsa...
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 04/12/12, 10:34 pm

Thump is right, made me say 'ouch' out loud!

We'll see how Feet Hillard settle in wearing green. At least it puts Feet on the map, where as before today they didn't have a heartbeat in this age group.
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 05/12/12, 08:10 am

TruthSerum wrote:ECNL is a game changer but should have little if anynimpact at u10/u11.

5 ECNL teams
22 players per team

I agree. If eventually playing in ECNL is your DD's only goal over the next few years, then the 2 avenues that you've described are the smartest routes to start with today.

This pre-ECNL is a turn-off for me. I can't shake the sense that it's a bad sales pitch that is ultimately going to compel a very small, but extremely capable, group of NTX girls to the point of burnout by overly-competitive parents. What will you do if you make this your DD’s life-goal for the next few years and she DOESN’T make that cut?

When these ECNL teams eventually form, the ECNL coaches need to take the best possible players with them. They can never be satisfied with “good enough” because the competition is too strong. They need to always look elsewhere. The recruiting efforts looking OUTSIDE their rosters will be hard-core. Nobody will be able to get around that. Any outsider’s DD that looks like a quality addition to these forming ECNL squads is competition for a spot. All of that (near-constant) recruiting will be done with the intention of replacing all the DDs that are all ready here. The upcoming stress and competition should be dreadful.

I do agree that the exceptional players currently on these teams will stick. They will be the foundation for these ECNL teams. I also agree that the very good players currently on these teams will potentially be used to fill out the bottoms of these eventual-ECNL rosters. If your DD is not one of the very good players on the squad right now though, you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

If somebody asked me, "Besides SRSA, what percentage of today’s pre-ECNL rosters will still be on the rosters when the ECNL teams actually form?" I'd probably respond, "Less than 25%." I realize that’s harsh but when those first ECNL teams form, I do not foresee many cases of these clubs turning away talent and instead using these spots to reward loyalty. Only a select few of these pre-ECNL families will be successful in buying a spot in ECNL for their DD.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 06/12/12, 09:18 am

flygirl wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:
flygirl wrote:Lots of city futsal action beginning tonight Sting G, FCD Predator, DTS, LP - might get a glimpse of new rosters?

Wouldn't be surprised if you see a few SRSA teams as well. Wink Wink Wink

ahhh, the no namers, always the dangerous ones... well, that should make things real interesting!

Great weekend of soccer ahead. TFC Blue tournament has nice weather in the forecast and a competitive tournament with some top '03 teams.

Going to interesting to see the new look some of the teams will have and how well the declared best '04 team does?

For me, it's an easy one to predict with LPD and FCD-Premiere from East Dallas in the final with LP winning! Along the way there will be some good match ups and few new look teams to check out from each division.

A couple of scalps are for taking for the Rase group to get in Bracket C with a LD rematch with the Cosmos to determine the easier of the brackets winner? Also, Interesting to see the new Sting G and Fever group perform? Looks for surprising low scoring games because game times are only 40minutes???
Should be fun.

As for Friday Night Futsal at IAD, we need a guide to "who is who" for all the teams, especially those pesky no-namers -

Black Division - most team are listed as is. But I'm not not sure on LP'03 Mundial or LP Rosas Sting Wambach / Morgan? Are these teams from Sting Goodman ?

Blue Division - lots of no-namers here??? Calle Futsal, LP Team Jones, LP Copa, Magic O, Charles in Charge?

Last Friday provided lots of great action and fun for the kids. City Futsal @ IAD does a great job. cheers
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 09:27 am

RocketFish wrote:
flygirl wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:
flygirl wrote:Lots of city futsal action beginning tonight Sting G, FCD Predator, DTS, LP - might get a glimpse of new rosters?

ahhh, the no namers, always the dangerous ones... well, that should make things real interesting!

Great weekend of soccer ahead. TFC Blue tournament has nice weather in the forecast and a competitive tournament with some top '03 teams.

Going to interesting to see the new look some of the teams will have and how well the declared best '04 team does?

For me, it's an easy one to predict with LPD and FCD-Premiere from East Dallas in the final with LP winning! Along the way there will be some good match ups and few new look teams to check out from each division.

A couple of scalps are for taking for the Rase group to get in Bracket C with a LD rematch with the Cosmos to determine the easier of the brackets winner? Also, Interesting to see the new Sting G and Fever group perform? Looks for surprising low scoring games because game times are only 40minutes???
Should be fun.

As for Friday Night Futsal at IAD, we need a guide to "who is who" for all the teams, especially those pesky no-namers -

Black Division - most team are listed as is. But I'm not not sure on LP'03 Mundial or LP Rosas Sting Wambach / Morgan? Are these teams from Sting Goodman ?

Blue Division - lots of no-namers here??? Calle Futsal, LP Team Jones, LP Copa, Magic O, Charles in Charge?

Last Friday provided lots of great action and fun for the kids. City Futsal @ IAD does a great job. cheers

I think that you have to remember in futsal teams rarely use their real names and use names like solar brazil, or sting morgan , lp copa etc. i would imagine that the teams are made up of parts of the bigger team

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 06/12/12, 09:46 am

silentparent wrote:
RocketFish wrote:
flygirl wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:

Should be fun.

I think that you have to remember in futsal teams rarely use their real names and use names like solar brazil, or sting morgan , lp copa etc. i would imagine that the teams are made up of parts of the bigger team

Hence, the questions - who is who? That as my intention. Are there teams that are mixing, teams that a combo of teams (friends with friends scenario). Teams from one top team, etc?
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDudeAbides 06/12/12, 10:08 am

RocketFish wrote:
flygirl wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:

Should be fun.

Sting Goodman= Wambach/Morgan

SRSA= Charles In Charge
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 10:22 am

TheDudeAbides wrote:
RocketFish wrote:
flygirl wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:

Should be fun.

Sting Goodman= Wambach/Morgan

SRSA= Charles In Charge

Um srsa lost 8-0? Hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by cleat 06/12/12, 10:31 am

I don't understand why we need a guide. My DD's team (and most teams from what I've heard speaking to them) are doing this strictly for development and fun with none of the regular season pressures. To start trying to map formal team names with with their informal futsal team names makes it sound like people want to be able to draw conclusions from futsal results. That's not in the spirit of what many teams are doing with futsal.

cleat
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 10:36 am

cleat wrote:I don't understand why we need a guide. My DD's team (and most teams from what I've heard speaking to them) are doing this strictly for development and fun with none of the regular season pressures. To start trying to map formal team names with with their informal futsal team names makes it sound like people want to be able to draw conclusions from futsal results. That's not in the spirit of what many teams are doing with futsal.

You are right and I wish the league would not even keep standings. What you are seeing is the true hypocrisy of the North Texas Soccer Parent. We claim to be interested in development but at the heart of it, all most care about is who wins and who loses. This is a prime example.

You throw in the fact we have formulas and spreadhseets for ranking teams based solely on wins, and all this talk of development is really just jibberish. When the rubber hits the road, it is win babay win....

I am not saying there is anythnig wrong with winning, but own up to it and don't claim that development is important. Because trying to rank 7 and 8 year olds and deciphering who is who in a fun winter futsal league is not about development.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 10:40 am

People always like to have standings but really if you are smart you will mix the girls up, play them out of position and treat it like a skill practice.trying to be the top
Futsal team in the winter league is actually kind of funny.... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 06/12/12, 10:47 am

What is really funny, or sad depending how you look at it, is that the teams actually feel the need to change their names in futsal/indoor leagues. That alone tells you that they DO care about the perception of wins/losses. Otherwise, why not use their "real" team name?
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 06/12/12, 10:54 am

wow this is why I stopped 3v3. Angry, bitter parents, with high pressure must win games. It was supposed to be fun touches on the ball but instead it was like the regular league with the worst parts concentrated.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 10:57 am

Till-I-Collapse wrote:What is really funny, or sad depending how you look at it, is that the teams actually feel the need to change their names in futsal/indoor leagues. That alone tells you that they DO care about the perception of wins/losses. Otherwise, why not use their "real" team name?

It is sad for those trying to figure out the teams and for those that would change their names because they are worried losing some games. However, I feel for those teams, becuase if they do lose, someone will jump on here and say " we beat them in futsal in December". Could you imagine the stink if SRSA decided to put a few players in new postions, said they had to pass ten times before a shot and then wound up losing because of it. The board and rankings gurus would be in an uproar over the fall of SRSA.

The entire atmosphere is only about who wins and who loses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 06/12/12, 11:05 am

bigtex75081 wrote:

If somebody asked me, "Besides SRSA, what percentage of today’s pre-ECNL rosters will still be on the rosters when the ECNL teams actually form?" I'd probably respond, "Less than 25%." I realize that’s harsh but when those first ECNL teams form, I do not foresee many cases of these clubs turning away talent and instead using these spots to reward loyalty. Only a select few of these pre-ECNL families will be successful in buying a spot in ECNL for their DD.

I don't think that is necessarily harsh. The changes between U11 and U14 are huge. Physically, emotionally and interest-level wise. Just look at the rosters of the '99s who went ECNL this year. The vast majority of the rostered players come from 10 different teams and not a single roster has more than 1/2 its players from a single U13 team. And that doesn't count the kids who left for lower divisions or other activities years 1 to 3. Buying into ECNL at U11 is ludicrous.

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 11:10 am

RunsLikeWind wrote:
Till-I-Collapse wrote:What is really funny, or sad depending how you look at it, is that the teams actually feel the need to change their names in futsal/indoor leagues. That alone tells you that they DO care about the perception of wins/losses. Otherwise, why not use their "real" team name?

It is sad for those trying to figure out the teams and for those that would change their names because they are worried losing some games. However, I feel for those teams, becuase if they do lose, someone will jump on here and say " we beat them in futsal in December". Could you imagine the stink if SRSA decided to put a few players in new postions, said they had to pass ten times before a shot and then wound up losing because of it. The board and rankings gurus would be in an uproar over the fall of SRSA.

The entire atmosphere is only about who wins and who loses.

Frankly i think that is stretch. Sure people want to win but its not do or die if you dont. No one remembers futsal once its over. Just have fun

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 06/12/12, 11:16 am

RunsLikeWind wrote:
cleat wrote:I don't understand why we need a guide. My DD's team (and most teams from what I've heard speaking to them) are doing this strictly for development and fun with none of the regular season pressures. To start trying to map formal team names with with their informal futsal team names makes it sound like people want to be able to draw conclusions from futsal results. That's not in the spirit of what many teams are doing with futsal.

You are right and I wish the league would not even keep standings. What you are seeing is the true hypocrisy of the North Texas Soccer Parent. We claim to be interested in development but at the heart of it, all most care about is who wins and who loses. This is a prime example.

You throw in the fact we have formulas and spreadhseets for ranking teams based solely on wins, and all this talk of development is really just jibberish. When the rubber hits the road, it is win babay win....

I am not saying there is anythnig wrong with winning, but own up to it and don't claim that development is important. Because trying to rank 7 and 8 year olds and deciphering who is who in a fun winter futsal league is not about development.

Hypocrisy is you being on this forum and then criticizing and ask why? You sir, cannot handle it. If you no likey, they you no looky. Very simple.

Futsal is about development and getting away from the academy/select world for an indoor season. The forum is here for us to speculate, randomize and well antagonize.
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 06/12/12, 11:19 am

That is not true at all, the names done mean a thing. The DDs have fun if they are the Red Rockets or Dallas Texans Red. Who cares? Your statement is ludicrous. Have the gorls have no idea what team they play on unless their parents tell them they play for a different team name, they know they play at 3pm Saturday that's about it.
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next