North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Talent Pool  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Talent Pool

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 3 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by ForReal 10/07/17, 10:36 am

KeeperCommander wrote:For the 03's this is probably spot on. Given the fact that these girls do not have a number next to their name stating where they stand in relation to another, it's also very speculative. However I agree with Clean on this.
For 05's and perhaps the 04's this will be less true. 04's might actually have an upper hand as far as DA percentage. Maybe 60/40.
The 05's is far less than that. Given the top team and players still play for Texans ECNL and FCD had to find players that couldn't make it at their present club, it's hilarious to think the top players chose DA this year.
Will next year be different? Yes I think the percentage will jump. Even for the 04's. The 00's and 01's? May not change much. In fact many that already have oral commitments will just ride it out with their team. Of course that is just my thoughts.

Is it confirmed that DTS finally elected ECNL?  If so, the 05 Texans DA team would probably struggle against every 05 ECNL team.  And since the Kicks are ECNL, I'd suggest that 05 ECNL will be stronger from top to bottom than the DA teams (before you go off, Solar and FCD will have good DA teams and I'm not suggesting they aren't better than most of the ECNL teams).

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 10/07/17, 10:50 am

KeeperCommander wrote:For the 03's this is probably spot on. Given the fact that these girls do not have a number next to their name stating where they stand in relation to another, it's also very speculative. However I agree with Clean on this.
For 05's and perhaps the 04's this will be less true. 04's might actually have an upper hand as far as DA percentage. Maybe 60/40.
The 05's is far less than that. Given the top team and players still play for Texans ECNL and FCD had to find players that couldn't make it at their present club, it's hilarious to think the top players chose DA this year.
Will next year be different? Yes I think the percentage will jump. Even for the 04's. The 00's and 01's? May not change much. In fact many that already have oral commitments will just ride it out with their team. Of course that is just my thoughts.

The Texans DA teams in 04 and 05 are not going to be competitive compared to the other DA teams and will probably be weaker than all 5 ECNL teams.  That's not an obvious talent migration to DA in the age groups IMHO.  2 strong DTS teams and 2 strong D'Feeters teams keeps ECNL very competitive in u13 and u14.  At least for a couple of years.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 10/07/17, 10:57 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:

The Texans DA teams in 04 and 05 are not going to be competitive compared to the other DA teams and will probably be weaker than all 5 ECNL teams.  That's not an obvious talent migration to DA in the age groups IMHO.  2 strong DTS teams and 2 strong D'Feeters teams keeps ECNL very competitive in u13 and u14.  At least for a couple of years.
Texans DA teams in those ages will be extremely weak in comparison. Several ECNL teams will be competitive against all DA in those age groups. IMO.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 10/07/17, 10:58 am

ForReal wrote:

Is it confirmed that DTS finally elected ECNL?  If so, the 05 Texans DA team would probably struggle against every 05 ECNL team.  And since the Kicks are ECNL, I'd suggest that 05 ECNL will be stronger from top to bottom than the DA teams (before you go off, Solar and FCD will have good DA teams and I'm not suggesting they aren't better than most of the ECNL teams).
DTS page says ECNL 05.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/07/17, 11:01 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:

The more I hear about how DA vs ECNL flushed out this year, it seems that one of, if not the biggest influences on the decision process was the coach. If the ECNL coach moved to DA, the players followed. If the coach stayed ECNL, the players stayed ECNL.

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 10/07/17, 11:05 am

bwgophers wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:

The more I hear about how DA vs ECNL flushed out this year, it seems that one of, if not the biggest influences on the decision process was the coach.  If the ECNL coach moved to DA, the players followed.  If the coach stayed ECNL, the players stayed ECNL.

And most of those coach decisions were based on license, or lack thereof.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 10/07/17, 11:41 am

I'm amazed how much some parents know about players on other teams. I've been around for a while and couldn't tell you about more than 2 or 3 girls from most teams. Some on here seem to know the skill level of every girl on every team from DA to Rec. I guess if you've switched teams every year for 6 or 7 years it helps. Wink

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cr7futbol 10/07/17, 12:22 pm

KC,

" FCD had to find players that couldn't make it at their present club." Not sure that is an accurate assessment. In general, the top talent at ECNL could have made DA, but for 1 reason or another (1) did not try out or (2) were committed to stay with current coach or (3) did not want the time commitment to 1 sport . How will DA and ECNL teams compare to the other teams in their perspective region?

cr7futbol
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/17, 12:38 pm

ECNL added clubs to the region like Sting Austin and San Antonio Elite, with FCD, Solar, and Texans doing both ECNL and DA. Within the region, DA added Sporting Blue Valley, Kansas City FC, Colorado Rush and Real. Not only the talent but the level of competition does not compare , at this time on paper, but ECNL Texas region needs to only play in dallas to have any competion. If anything the level of competition in ECNL has gotten worse.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 10/07/17, 12:39 pm

cr7futbol wrote:KC,

" FCD had to find players that couldn't make it at their present club."  Not sure that is an accurate assessment.  In general, the top talent at ECNL could have made DA, but for 1 reason or another (1) did not try out or (2) were committed to stay with current coach or (3) did not want the time commitment to 1 sport .  How will DA and ECNL teams compare to the other teams in their perspective region?
Reading too much into statement. Yes they do have good talent and some players that definitely deserve to be there. I know of several players that were not on top teams and ended up on DA teams. This could have happened for several reasons. 1) They truly were good but were behind a better player. 2) Were over looked perhaps 3) Like you said, they were willing to give up what some of the better players were not willing to give up.
It's sad to say but, the top talent in 05 is in ECNL.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 10/07/17, 01:33 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:

" FCD had to find players that couldn't make it at their present club."  Not sure that is an accurate assessment.  In general, the top talent at ECNL could have made DA, but for 1 reason or another (1) did not try out or (2) were committed to stay with current coach or (3) did not want the time commitment to 1 sport .  How will DA and ECNL teams compare to the other teams in their perspective region?
Reading too much into statement. Yes they do have good talent and some players that definitely deserve to be there. I know of several players that were not on top teams and ended up on DA teams. This could have happened for several reasons. 1) They truly were good but were behind a better player. 2) Were  over looked perhaps 3) Like you said, they were willing to give up what some of the better players were not willing to give up.

Disagree.
My basis: Kiddos who routinely attended the Training Center at SMU, and where they currently signed.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 10/07/17, 01:44 pm

tpitty wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Reading too much into statement. Yes they do have good talent and some players that definitely deserve to be there. I know of several players that were not on top teams and ended up on DA teams. This could have happened for several reasons. 1) They truly were good but were behind a better player. 2) Were  over looked perhaps 3) Like you said, they were willing to give up what some of the better players were not willing to give up.

Disagree.
My basis: Kiddos who routinely attended the Training Center at SMU, and where they currently signed.
That makes no sense.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 10/07/17, 01:49 pm

sigh

Last edited by tpitty on 10/07/17, 01:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was being mean.)

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 10/07/17, 02:04 pm

Don't hold back. I never have.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cr7futbol 10/07/17, 02:37 pm

Ok, Let's look at it this way. Solar DA > Solar ECNL, Texans DA < Texans ECNL, FCD DA > FCD ECNL, then you still have Feet/Kicks and Sting ECNL. Still more teams and kids in ECNL but outside of Texans not sure you can say ECNL 05 is greater than DA. For ECNL just one persons very early ECNL Ranks 1. Texans 2. Feet/Kicks 3A Solar 3B FCD and 5. Sting. If you use this then you still have DA over ECNL with question of ARE the DA teams better than Texans and Feet/Kicks? Time will provide these answers.

cr7futbol
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/17, 02:42 pm

We are right back to where we were three years ago when some stated that LHGCL was going to be stronger than ECNL. Well, that lasted all of never!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/17, 02:44 pm

LHGCL has become irrelevant due to ECNL. Therefore, you should assume ECNL has seen its last tournament at the top. ECNL is on its way to irrelevant with double and triple the cost to play.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/17, 02:47 pm

LHGCL should take this opportunity to knock out ECNL. With lower cost and less travel. Austin, San Antonio,and Tulsa will not bring better competition.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 10/07/17, 03:14 pm

Ziz the insanity police have been called. You sir have reached a new level.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 10/07/17, 03:28 pm

BigErn wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:LOL at some who feel that DA is a huge level above ECNL. Newsflash: DA doesn't get all the kids that they want. DA requires a significant level of sole dedication and investment in a single activity while excluding all other opportunities and experiences (like school sports, etc...) Some kids and families just don't want to play DA.  That leaves a significant talent pool in ECNL. DA is slightly better than ECNL in talent but significantly better in perception.

Like you CBT, we thought this ^ would be the case, but as much as it seems you'd like it to be true, it just didn't work that way --

The level between the DA and ECNL sides locally at U13-U15 aren't close ..... at all.

And since we're all adults here (might be a reach), how bout we leave the use of "LOL"s and "Newsflash"es to our daughters ... K?

Just getting a reality check here.

Given your statement that the DA and ECNL sides locally, in U13, U14, AND U15 aren't close - AT ALL - are you saying the 3 DA teams in each age group are better than all 5 ECNL teams? Or only 2?

Would you say that DA is CLEARLY above ECNL if, say, all 5 ECNL teams in an age group are better than one of the DA teams?

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 10/07/17, 03:30 pm

cr7futbol wrote:Ok,  Let's look at it this way.  Solar DA > Solar ECNL,  Texans DA < Texans ECNL,  FCD DA > FCD ECNL,  then you still have Feet/Kicks and Sting ECNL.  Still more teams and kids in ECNL but outside of Texans not sure you can say ECNL 05 is greater than DA.    For ECNL just one persons very early ECNL Ranks  1. Texans 2. Feet/Kicks 3A Solar 3B FCD and 5. Sting.   If you use this then you still have DA over ECNL with question of ARE the DA teams better than Texans and Feet/Kicks?    Time will provide these answers.
Forget about teams. Look at the actual players. Just because one team can beat another it doesn't mean they got all the top talent in age division. It just means all the talent that came out to tryouts. Which I am sorry to say was less than anticipated. If your DD made a DA team, awesome. If she is still there in 2-3 years then she has proven to be the real deal. I am not trying to lessen the achievement. Just go watch some ECNL games and you will see plenty of talent that could been there if they chose to.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 10/07/17, 03:40 pm

cr7futbol wrote:Ok,  Let's look at it this way.  Solar DA > Solar ECNL,  Texans DA < Texans ECNL,  FCD DA > FCD ECNL,  then you still have Feet/Kicks and Sting ECNL.  Still more teams and kids in ECNL but outside of Texans not sure you can say ECNL 05 is greater than DA.    For ECNL just one persons very early ECNL Ranks  1. Texans 2. Feet/Kicks 3A Solar 3B FCD and 5. Sting.   If you use this then you still have DA over ECNL with question of ARE the DA teams better than Texans and Feet/Kicks?    Time will provide these answers.
How do we know FCD DA> FCD ECNL? Same with SolarDA>Solar ECNL?

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/17, 03:41 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Ziz the insanity police have been called. You sir have reached a new level.

KC, been playing this game now for 10 years. My DD and I have been through all the changes. I speak from experience. What's your excuse?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/17, 03:42 pm

SWINGIT!! wrote:
How do we know FCD DA> FCD ECNL? Same with SolarDA>Solar ECNL?

That's funny,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 10/07/17, 03:50 pm

Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:Ziz the insanity police have been called. You sir have reached a new level.

KC, been playing this game now for 10 years. My DD and I have been through all the changes. I speak from experience. What's your excuse?
You are speaking out of your ass.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/17, 03:53 pm

Right!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down