North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'03 Division Outlook - Page 9 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

'03 Division Outlook

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

'03 Division Outlook - Page 9 Empty Re: '03 Division Outlook

Post by BumpyPitch 29/11/12, 11:20 am

SolarPower00 wrote:Admin advised that my last avatar displayed Liverpool in a 'less than favorable light'.
So, we'll try this one.
Enjoyed the top20 report fly_girl. You left out a number. Rolling Eyes
Quality reading. That's 2 minutes of my life I won't get back

Boo, bring back the other avatar. Well at least now my husband has no reason to look over my shoulder. Yay.

BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 29/11/12, 11:22 am

Bumpy, I had someone looking over my shoulder too.... And she was not amused. Lol.
"Who is that you're blogging with?"

That's just my avatar, honey.

Good stuff RocketFish. cheers
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 29/11/12, 01:10 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:Admin advised that my last avatar displayed Liverpool in a 'less than favorable light'.
So, we'll try this one.

You know you wake up each morning, grab your phone and hope that I posted so you can get your morning fill of fly. Don't fight it, it's Ok, many people are angered by the addiction they have to my posts. You are not alone Mr. Solar... Wink
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/11/12, 01:27 pm

So, we'll try this one.

i somehow feel diminished without your avatar giving me hope for humanity....

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 29/11/12, 01:32 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:Bumpy, I had someone looking over my shoulder too.... And she was not amused. Lol.

Thanks. At least someone 'Likes'. Don't worry everybody I am scouring the internet for favorable avatar as we speak. Update soon.
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 29/11/12, 01:38 pm

The problem is I'm always on the road so I generally use the mobile view to browse. No big deal, just a request.

As far as the teams go, not much has changed really since this thread was started.

SRSA still number one and won't change between now and qualifying. The only concern I have with them is getting bored and losing interest with playing the other 03 girls teams. The boys will eventually get tired of them and I've seen boys vs girls game get real ugly physically. So this is pretty much like complaining about Cindy Crawfords mole (yes that does give away my age).

DTS & LP Dalglish I think have shown recently they are the next two in this age group. Don't think they can beat SRSA but they should win more than they lose against the rest of the top 10.

4 Predator is the next best team in my opinion, their forwards are a handful for any team.

5 Mendoza would be next, although I've heard the lost a player to Premier so that may account for their offensive woes.

6 FCD prem is next, if they can score they play good defense that they can compete with anyone.

7 Sting G core talent good enough for the top 4, curious to see how they adjust to the new coach.
8 Fever - disappointing TGPL season. Still capable if beating every I listed ahead of them except #1. Lots of grumbling on here about movement but I chalk most of that up to folks wanting to stir the pot (see rumors about Diaz leaving FCD for an example).

After those 8 it's a crap shoot.

9 LP W - athletic bunch with big legs. If they can score on you early they can lock it down
10 SRSA Colvin - potentially talented bunch but hard to know how good they are until they play pure (sans SRSA A starters). Could some get upset about coming over thinking they would be on the A team only to find out they are on the B?
11. Vitesse - once again if they stick together they could be top 10.
12. Cosmos - talented bunch and I believe they have anew coach recently (could be thinking of another team). Played well last time I saw them.
13 LP Keegan solid team that keeps moving up. Not much difference between them and LP W or LP Rush.
14. LP Rush showed well in Eal and recent tournament but need to face better competition to get a feel if they have staying power.
15 Sting West Davis - like others have said, great defense (guess they loss of a defender recently wasn't s big deal) but they need to find some offense. The girls play hard so I'm thinking once they regroup they will climb right back up.

That's all I've got, my finger is tired if typing on this phone.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 29/11/12, 05:42 pm

RocketFish wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:Bumpy, I had someone looking over my shoulder too.... And she was not amused. Lol.

Thanks. At least someone 'Likes'. Don't worry everybody I am scouring the internet for favorable avatar as we speak. Update soon.

Well, since everyone is getting new avatars... Maybe Mr. Solar will like me better looking all cute.
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 29/11/12, 11:54 pm

flygirl wrote:
RocketFish wrote:

Well, since everyone is getting new avatars... Maybe Mr. Solar will like me better looking all cute.

No chance on Mr. Solar, even being cute and all.
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 30/11/12, 12:54 am

[img]'03 Division Outlook - Page 9 03_apr10[/img]

This was an eye opener, IMO. LP Whelan from 11 to 6.

Top 5 stayed the same from previous APR.

No Solar Colvin, probably because of the roster sharing. But they will break the Top 10 in the Fall.

Sting West begins in decline out of the Top 20.

Vitesse make a climb up one spot.

Only surprise is LP Whelan up 5 spots...Keep an eye out for them, fast climber or will the bottom fall out or will teams put them back down the ladder Question

Fever, Sting G and FCD Prem all fall in the standings.

Rocketfish - glad you changed your avatar to the brazilian beauty, my new fav avatar. Flygirl - nice try on yours, next Question
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/11/12, 05:24 am

The Top5 did exactly what was expected in recent tournaments....no surprises there. In the Primetime tournament, LP Whelan upset then #6 and lost by the smallest of margins to then #4 & #5. Combine that with Sting Davis and Sting AG suffering upsets and there's your answer for the sudden climb. Do I expect FCD P or Sting AG to reclaim that spot from LP Whelan, yes.....But, we may have to wait to the start of PT for that. The Power Rankings can be much more 'volatile' than the FBRs. Recent games have significant weight....with the FBRs on the other hand....it's a measure of the entire season. So, I don't expect to see LPW jump like that in bwgophers poll. As for SRSA B....when they have demonstrated that they can win without the help of their big sister, expect them to crack the top10....and that's probable from the reports I'm hearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 30/11/12, 07:46 am

As always your factual commentary kicks a$$.

Going to be an interesting Winter and Spring.

Keep up the good work.
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 30/11/12, 07:50 am

Thanks Bumpy, didn't take long to find the beauty. God love the Internet.
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 30/11/12, 07:59 am

Thanks Scoop and Bumpy. Always makes for some interesting discussions. Smile
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 30/11/12, 08:49 am

Till-I-Collapse wrote:Thanks Scoop and Bumpy. Always makes for some interesting discussions. Smile

Any thoughts on the above?

Sleepers, creepers or any controversial thoughts?

Always love to hear what other have in their minds or from their perspective? or hell even the stuff they make up is good reading - enlighten us?
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 30/11/12, 10:18 am

Not much thought here. Nothing really shocking to me since recent games have more impact, I expected alot of movement after the last tournament outcomes. I was curious to see just how much movement tho.

Sleepers and creepers ... I was a bit surprised to see the LP Whelan big jump but after looking at their latest game results, I guess I can see why. I would like to see this group compete more against the top teams. They certainly provide a competitive game. Will they step up to Gold in spring? I also think LP Keegan and Rush will move up in spring. LP has a ton of talent but can they retain it all? Will they build a super team? Will certainly be interesting to watch it all play out ...

Controversial (maybe?) ... I'm curious to see if the top 5 hold in the spring because I hear there is alot of movement between teams right now. It will be interesting to see where everyone lands. IMO, the top 5 will not be the same after spring.
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 30/11/12, 10:21 am

Another after thought ... Vitesse over Fever? Not sure I understand that one

Guess I had more thoughts than I originally thought!!! Surprised
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 30/11/12, 11:43 am

Bumpy's back...here goes:

Lots of movement in latest rankings. Great to see LP Whelan move up! Both Pollsters do a good job putting these rankings together for us to enjoy and talk about. Here is the next question to be asked come Spring, where will the top twenty play Question Question

SRSA - lots of banter about playing in boys league. If so, they most likely will compete in a PT boys league on Sat and a Sun league like in the Fall Question This team needs to be pushed and playing boys is the only move for this group. Like the Texans '02 group last year, SRSA will be off the grid and not be heard from again until select. Should make their Haters happy Very Happy Very Happy

TGPL Gold - by far the BEST league for all the top teams to compete. What is there not to like about this league Question Great competition, excellent teams & coaches, league provides teams 60 minutes of game time and the Sting fields are good.

Unanimous favorite -

Texans South - easily will be the favorites to win the TGPL Gold Spring Season. With SRSA playing boys DT South will be the Top Cats with all their new additions working out well. This a great team with an excellent coach.

Strong contenders -

Liverpool '03 Dalglish - we will get a chance to see all their rumored new additions next week in TFC Blue. Without any true top teams in the tournament anything less than winning the championship would be a surprise. LW has done a great job with this group.

Sting '03G Gutierrez - new coach will turn around this team by spring time from the failed SS experiment. AG is a very good coach and great recruiter that will make this Sting's top team by spring and come select. Do not be surprise if AG slowly gets the top players from Sting's other sister teams. Sting G team will start their way back to being top Sting team beginning next week in TFC Blue Cup.

FCD East - best team by far for the FCD club because JH is a good coach that doesn't have to deal with all the Frisco drama and mess. This team must shore up their defense to be a top team and consistent challenge to the favorite.

Middle of the pack -

Sting Mendoza - good team still low on numbers. Any Sting Club team will be able to get players to fill out roster, but can EM attract the better players in the division for the upcoming Spring season before Select? It's going to be a HUGE challenge as the select process is a new experience for team and coach. What role does WS play now for this team and can he help?

Liverpool Rase '04G - being the very best '04 team makes this team a great addition to play the best '03 teams. I would expect this group to be real competitive winning some losing some but in the end playing the best older girls will only make them better. Spring before select is the last time this group can play up. Fun team to watch.

Cosmos '03G - the best of the small club or indies TW is a great coach and his team is very athletic with a top forward that can score. Don't be surprised if they reverse the pooching game and recruit some Sting or other players to sign with them come select Question

Pretenders -

Solar Chelsea '03G - new coach, new team, going to have some forum haters and unrealistic expectations to deal with. If this team was not associated with SRSA and MC is giving a chance to mold group with what should be strong group of players, Solar should have another contender for LH D1 come select. Labeling this group the "B" team is only a backwards way to be negative. To be fair, every team in the age group would be considered a "B" team to SRSA.

FCD Premiere - who knows who will coach or be on this team come select. Lots of rumors of coaches changes and special drink packages. Real question is can they deliver on the representations being made about going to be a top team and mesh their new additions from Fever, LP, and Sting M Question Really looking forward to seeing the new Pre-ECNL league details

Sting West - losing players to LP, Solar and others. Past performance has shown that RD is a good coach and has consistently been able to replace departures and not lose a beat. Look for this group to compete well this spring and make LH D1 come select, still think he needs some offense. Packing the box can only take you so far silent

TGPL Silver -

Favorites - Liverpool '03 Whelan and Liverpool '03 Keegan, both these teams were top performers this past Fall in Silver and do not expect anything different come Spring!

Silver League Contenders -

Sting Goodman - strong showing in Fall Festival beating DT-Moreno, Mustangs, only losing 0-1 to Sting M. Team on the rise.

Liverpool Rush - another strong team for LP. An excellent showing in Texas Cup beating SW, AE, and Ok - Blitz before losing final to DT South. Another team to watch !

Sting Parker - strong showing this past Fall competed to the end in every game. Solid showing in Texas Cup losing in semis to DT - South.

Sting Central - strong defense, well coached. Another good team for Sting.
Best of Rest - GSSC Thunder Black, Dallas Texans Hernandez, & Odyssey

Futures unknown-

Fever Black - will always be a LH D1 contender because of coach & his dd. Can they replace losing their other top player to SRSA and a couple of starters to other ECNL teams? Will not be surprised if coach & team merge with Texans or Defeeters as they are the only ECNL member that doesn't have a top twenty team.

Vitesse - from all accounts the team their very top players were recruited by DT South as they replaced their departed players. Can this group recover Question Hope so Exclamation They were breaking into the Top 10.

Spring Time Surprise-

Dallas Texans Red Machine will merge, steal or recruit from multiple teams their better players and form a top team to compete against their ECNL rivals come select. From year's past this also meant combining the very best players within club ranks and assigning a top recognizable coach. Sorry RM is not the long term answer for club Question RH or even SB will enter the age group?

Let the banter begin... Suspect
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 30/11/12, 03:41 pm

Lots of city futsal action beginning tonight Sting G, FCD Predator, DTS, LP - might get a glimpse of new rosters?
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 30/11/12, 04:50 pm

flygirl wrote:Lots of city futsal action beginning tonight Sting G, FCD Predator, DTS, LP - might get a glimpse of new rosters?

Wouldn't be surprised if you see a few SRSA teams as well. Wink Wink Wink
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 30/11/12, 05:01 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:
flygirl wrote:Lots of city futsal action beginning tonight Sting G, FCD Predator, DTS, LP - might get a glimpse of new rosters?

Wouldn't be surprised if you see a few SRSA teams as well. Wink Wink Wink

ahhh, the no namers, always the dangerous ones... well, that should make things real interesting!
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

'03 Division Outlook - Page 9 Empty TGPL Gold & Silver

Post by MaskedWriter 01/12/12, 12:28 am

BumpyPitch wrote:TGPL Gold -
Texans South
Liverpool '03 Dalglish
Sting '03G Gutierrez
FCD East
Sting Mendoza
Liverpool Rase '04G
Cosmos '03G
Solar Chelsea '03G
FCD Premiere
Sting West

TGPL Silver -
Liverpool '03 Whelan
Liverpool '03 Keegan
Sting Goodman
Liverpool Rush
Sting Parker
Sting Central
GSSC Thunder Black
Dallas Texans Hernandez
Odyssey

Futures unknown-
Fever Black
Vitesse

It will be intresting to see if Primetime will cap the number of teams in TGPL Gold/Silver in the spring. There were 14 teams in silver this past fall which made it odd since you only played 1/2 the teams in your league. Here's to hoping that they go Gold/Silver/Bronze if they get 24+ teams apply/accepted.

I disagree with RASE '04 being in Gold. They would be heavily outmatched at nearly every game. Put them in silver and they'll compete well (don't think that they would win silver, but be near the top). Also I think that the tournaments over the next few months will confirm that there should be some promotion/relegation from last fall's roster of TGPL Gold/Silver teams. It will be fun to see how it will shake out. I would venture to guess that Cosmos, Sting West, and RASE end up in silver.

As for the Sunday league, conventional wisdom is that EAL will not be as attractive to Top 20 teams. The LP teams dominated that league which was very top-heavy. My guess is that PTCL will be the league du jour for the western half of the Metroplex. Not sure where the eastern teams will play come Sunday? It wouldn't be UAL, would it?

MaskedWriter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 02/12/12, 07:06 pm

That would be interesting, say 12 teams in each, everyone plays each other once. No finals, Champion is based on points. Hmmmm, I likey. Makes the season longer or have a each team with a doubleheader Saturday. Could work?

Thoughts Question

UAL does have great fields in the FCD Complex, hard to not want to have your DD play there on Sundays, no matter what the drive would be. How far would you drive to play on a great surface Question

BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 02/12/12, 08:14 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:That would be interesting, say 12 teams in each, everyone plays each other once. No finals, Champion is based on points. Hmmmm, I likey. Makes the season longer or have a each team with a doubleheader Saturday. Could work?

Thoughts Question

UAL does have great fields in the FCD Complex, hard to not want to have your DD play there on Sundays, no matter what the drive would be. How far would you drive to play on a great surface Question

That's what fcd has going good for them right now - those well maintained, groomed fields. Could be worse I guess...
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 02/12/12, 09:16 pm

Excuse me while we interrupt the scheduled discussion ------- Yeah, but they charge and arm and leg to play on them. Just ask the Dallas Cup.. Was a match made in heaven. Watch the attendance drop in the oversized Cotton Bowl for Super-Group games(head over to the boys forum for more)....now back to the 03's and the commentary/banter in progress....
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

'03 Division Outlook - Page 9 Empty TGPL

Post by MaskedWriter 02/12/12, 09:39 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:That would be interesting, say 12 teams in each, everyone plays each other once. No finals, Champion is based on points.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TGPL (and all Primetime?) is an 8-game season. This would significantly lengthen the season. I will say that this is something that EAL solved and had going for it - at least you got value for your $$.

Unfortunately, EAL struggled to get credibility because it is too far west from the Dallas County powers and as a result a true "gold" division wasn't stable enough. The fields, schedules, and Refs are all better at EAL.

MaskedWriter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 03/12/12, 06:57 am

TGPL still rules, as did PTCL Leagues, all quality. These start EAL, U90 Challenge League, etc leagues are NOT stable. Primetime is quality play, good fields and referees.

Credibility and stability are KEY, play where the competition is, drive a little further and challenge your DD and team. Goes back to the old saying, "How far will you drive your DD?"
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next