North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'03 Division Outlook - Page 16 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

'03 Division Outlook

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

'03 Division Outlook - Page 16 Empty Re: '03 Division Outlook

Post by TheDudeAbides 11/12/12, 12:09 pm

flygirl wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:
RocketFish wrote:
heygirl wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:19 pages and 47 topics!
Time for a new thread?
"new FBR"
"where is Good4nuthin"
"Viper report"

yeah, what he said.

A FlyGirl alias Question Suspect Question Suspect Question

Close but no cigar No
my sources tell me that "heygirl" is
a different pistol packin' mama!

Great, now I have Perry Mason and Columbo on my case along with Barney Fife. I have now been pegged as a SRSA homer by fish, a ultra competitive Keegan Mom by Mr. Solar and now a dude - by the dude. Am I really that interesting? and, you are still all wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyMSSe7cOvA

tranquila J-LO just saying you are not "heygirl,"
she is my amiga. rendeer

TheDudeAbides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 11/12/12, 01:08 pm

What folks don't realize is that there really isn't that many folks that sign in to this board. Really, just about a dozen or so crazed mamma and papas out here that use multiple alias and personalities. Actually, most commentary of bickering back and forth between multiple avatars is just one person....with split personalities. It's true. I've met you on the sidelines.

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeSnapPhotos 11/12/12, 01:33 pm

Joe scafone wrote:What folks don't realize is that there really isn't that many folks that sign in to this board. Really, just about a dozen or so crazed mamma and papas out here that use multiple alias and personalities. Actually, most commentary of bickering back and forth between multiple avatars is just one person....with split personalities. It's true. I've met you on the sidelines.

And so the smoke and mirrors dissappears.... Now what do we do? afro
EyeSnapPhotos
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 11/12/12, 01:56 pm

Joe scafone wrote:What folks don't realize is that there really isn't that many folks that sign in to this board. Really, just about a dozen or so crazed mamma and papas out here that use multiple alias and personalities. Actually, most commentary of bickering back and forth between multiple avatars is just one person....with split personalities. It's true. I've met you on the sidelines.

You are right... I am actually everyone on this forum but you. I am also the lady who sits off a bit under the tree during the games, rocking back and forth and quietly coaching each player on what to do when they have the ball. I actually do not even have a dd who plays soccer.

I applied for a coaching position with the Texans, Solar, LP and Sting, but they still have not gotten back to me. So all I have left is this forum on which to have conversations with myself. I am however still hoping to be discovered and have my own team one day. I hear certain organizations either overlook or do not pay all that much attention to the background checks, which is a plus for me - so that is why I compete with go99, RocketFish and Master Bates (which are my other personalities) to be the top poster each month, so that the DOCs in the organizations will see me and read what I am about and realize what they are missing.

So please go easy on me, I'm having a tough year, but it will all be better in 2013!
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 14/12/12, 11:13 pm

Any Futsal updates? Have not seen any chatter did the lights go out tonight at the facility and no games were played?
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by YRUH8N 15/12/12, 12:45 pm

RocketFish wrote:Any Futsal updates? Have not seen any chatter did the lights go out tonight at the facility and no games were played?

Games were played, some teams won, some teams did not. What kind of update
are looking for exactly for Futsal?

YRUH8N
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 16/12/12, 08:00 pm

Friday night futsal featured games & players from all the top four teams in
the age group. The results don't matter, as LP, FC East, DT South & at
least three different SRSA teams battled it out. Shocked I had to get home just
before the game of the night South - SRSA but did get a chance see most of
the game between "MOB" (lots of familiar 02 girls playing together from
different teams on that team) played a team made up of SRSA girls. Huge
difference a year makes in size from 10-11, but plenty of great skill and
exciting play by everyone. Very Happy That game was played at a very fast pace. Very Happy

Futsal is great for touches and quick play. cheers

It was more fun to watch all the games than the Christmas party I raced off too. santa drunken santa drunken
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 16/12/12, 08:37 pm

What size are the futsal playing surfaces at various venues?

At PSA, the 7th and 8th grade girls are playing futsal on small basketball courts, that are about 42 feet wide and probably about 60 to 65 feet long. There are basketball courts at PSA that are about 90 ft x 54 ft, but they are not used for futsal. For U14 players, the small court at PSA is too small. For what it's worth, the minimum size per FIFA is 49 x 82; so PSA futsal is on a surface area that is 32% smaller than the minimum FIFA surface. That's a significant difference for players that are close to their adult size.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 16/12/12, 09:57 pm

intrinsic wrote:What size are the futsal playing surfaces at various venues?

At PSA, the 7th and 8th grade girls are playing futsal on small basketball courts, that are about 42 feet wide and probably about 60 to 65 feet long. There are basketball courts at PSA that are about 90 ft x 54 ft, but they are not used for futsal. For U14 players, the small court at PSA is too small. For what it's worth, the minimum size per FIFA is 49 x 82; so PSA futsal is on a surface area that is 32% smaller than the minimum FIFA surface. That's a significant difference for players that are close to their adult size.

The courts at IAD (Integrated Athletic Development) in Carrollton our played on basketball courts. But they are lined longer and wider specifically for the futsal games.

Not too sure of the exact dimensions. Played with official size goals and official penalty sized balls for each age group:

Sizes: 50 (05/06s), 100 (03/04s), 200 (02,01,00,99) and 500 (98s and above I think).

City Futsal is putting on a quality league, knowledgeable refs and managing quite well. Over 150 teams playing if I am not mistaken. If you haven't been in the facility it is a multi-million dollar facility worth the visit for sure. 2nd Level viewing area (You have a view of 6 courts in action) as well as court side seats. cheers cheers cheers This is where all the action is for sure regarding futsal in North Texas.

At Sportsplex in Dallas of of Valley View Lane and Monfort the futsal games are played on sports court, but the courts are quite small in my opinion. Only 2 or 3 actual courts and they are netted to keep the balls contained from the basketball being played on the other 3 courts. Haven't been there in quite a few years so my information may be a bit outdated, any updates on this facility/League?

Dallas Soccer Center in Richardson plays their futsal on turf, so IMO not really futsal. Anyone with any good information on this facility and its league?
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 16/12/12, 09:59 pm

YRUH8N wrote:
RocketFish wrote:Any Futsal updates? Have not seen any chatter did the lights go out tonight at the facility and no games were played?

Games were played, some teams won, some teams did not. What kind of update
are looking for exactly for Futsal?

One word: LAME

Should have never hit enter. Spare us next time. Sleep Sleep Sleep
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 17/12/12, 09:17 am

All I know is we stayed and watched FCD Predator against one of the SRSA teams on Saturday and the Predator team was impressively fast. The end score did not reflect the game (5-4 - yes, I know score is score) as Predator dominated possession and shots on goal - they were fun to watch and had a very excited fan base!
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 17/12/12, 10:02 am

flygirl wrote:All I know is we stayed and watched FCD Predator against one of the SRSA teams on Saturday and the Predator team was impressively fast. The end score did not reflect the game (5-4 - yes, I know score is score) as Predator dominated possession and shots on goal - they were fun to watch and had a very excited fan base!

Good to hear and seems that FCD gave one of the SRSA teams a run for their $$$. affraid
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 22/12/12, 09:54 pm

'03G Latest Outlook -

Several observations back in November have already taken place -

TGPL could have 10 to an even 12 teams in the Gold Division. Is there a Platinum Division forming too? IDK. We should expect all the returning teams that want to play from the Fall to be accepted? The league could/should reward Vitesse, LP Wheelan or maybe Sting Goodman. The new additions to the Gold will find it a lot more difficult each week to compete. Here is an early preview of each team.

The Top Teams of TGPL

Sting G - AG takes makes an immediate impact that could eventually jump this team to top of the standings. cheers She will put together a string group made up with new faces from Sting competitors but mostly from within Big Blue club. As predicted, it did not take long for AG to right the ship and win an end of year tournament. Don't be surprised if Out joins ranks with Zidane on the sidelines. One will provide commentary on near wins while the other will remind everyone when they win.

DT South- loses several starters that had good size and were athletic, but smoothly back fills them with good players from other south Tarrant teams like Vitesse. Come select this team core players will stay together and be coached by GA becoming a strong top 5-7 LH D1 team come next fall. We don't need a Mayan Calendar to forecast this one as history will repeat itself like his '02s. sunny

LP Dalglish - new additions from South and FCD settling in well. Going to be a top tier team in TGPL this spring easily. Don't be surprise on movement to and from this team as we get closer to select. Only real questions come select are who will be the coach and why would any parent invest in a club @ select time that isn't a member of ECNL? Can LP ever become a member of ECNL? That's a whole other discussion. affraid

FCD East - a good coached team that still has a top offense and lots of direct speed. Depth and defense is lacking. No longer an underdog, but considered by most as FCD top team? Being a top team for your club makes your team a target where everyone is gunning for you, especially your fellow sister team that feel they are the Premiere team? Idea

Middle of the pack

LOTS of parity here with teams like:

Sting M - roster size a real concern going forward. Where does Big Blue prioritize their best talent to play ? History and past performance would say AG? Every year a strong team implodes just before select and surprises everyone? Could this be the one? Question Question

Cosmos - best of the independents with a history of getting a D1 spot come select against all odds. This is a very streaky team that can get blown out one week and respond with a surprise win the next week? Never know what team will show up on any given Saturday? If it's the good one, tough team to play! Exclamation Exclamation

Fever - coach/dd combination will always make them competitive when playing on 9v9 size field. When this group has to play on real 11v11 size field, not going to be a good experience for Fever followers. Eventually will need to merge with another team and get more depth or they will not make D1 come select?

FCD - trying everything and anything to sell parents that is a good choice come select? New Pre-ECNL league, world class coach, tons of player, and Advocare? The fact is outside of great facilities prioritized for their boys team FCD focus will always be on the boys club! Lots of drama with this group? Question silent

Sting W - quietly chugging along. Quality coach with realistic parents enjoying life in Tarrant County away from Dallas politics as another strong team for Big Blue. Will be a 10-12 finisher first year of select. cheers

Solar Chelsea - new coach, new group of kids playing together. All this team will need is time and realistic expectations. Most likely a top 10-12 team come select. Will not see the true potential of this new team until mid-season? All the SRSA haters are going to attack this group of kids and new coach every chance they get. FCD, LP, Sting, and Texans can have 5 or more teams in each age group, not SRSA?

Going to be a rough season -

Whoever is invited in to play with the returning teams will have a rough season-

Vitesse - if it's true, losing top players to DTS is not going to help at all!

D'Feeters Hilliard (formerly LP-Wheelan) looking forward to seeing a little more Green come spring on the fields and wish this group lots of success. The move of Wheelan to Feet was predicted by Flygirl. Crystal ball? Nice call! Exclamation Exclamation

Sting Goodman - the higher competition of the Gold league play will benefit girls, but wins will be very very few.

And then there is...well you know who:

SRSA - to all the haters and naysayers. Since the end of the Fall Season it has been confirmed DM is moving team to AS. Outside of the Truth Must Be Told ridiculous posts of knowing all within SRSA ranks, this change in coaching is done. Just another example in the soccer world how history repeats itself? Another truth come Spring is SRSA will not play in TGPL at all. All reports have them playing the boys which is what they need. Hate or love 'em this is a very talented team that will kick off the Spring season playing in the Vegas Cup against some of the top teams from SoCal and other states. When one of our own NT teams travel outside Texas everyone in our soccer community should want to see our local girls succeed and wish SRSA and all the other NT teams traveling to this tournament Good Luck! cheers cheers cheers

Let the holiday chatter begin .... santa santa santa
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 24/12/12, 04:48 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:'03G Latest Outlook -

TGPL could have 10 to an even 12 teams in the Gold Division. Is there a Platinum Division forming too? IDK. We should expect all the returning teams that want to play from the Fall to be accepted? The league could/should reward Vitesse, LP Wheelan or maybe Sting Goodman. The new additions to the Gold will find it a lot more difficult each week to compete. Here is an early preview of each team.

Reward Vitesse, and the team formerly known as Liverpool Whelan, yes. Reward, Sting Goodman....I don't see PT rewarding a SDL team with gold status unless they are clearly a top10....and that's not the case here. I'm not even sure if they want to play TGPL...I believe his 04s will, though.

The Top Teams of TGPL

Sting G - AG takes makes an immediate impact that could eventually jump this team to top of the standings. cheers She will put together a string group made up with new faces from Sting competitors but mostly from within Big Blue club. As predicted, it did not take long for AG to right the ship and win an end of year tournament. Don't be surprised if Out joins ranks with Zidane on the sidelines. One will provide commentary on near wins while the other will remind everyone when they win.

DT South- loses several starters that had good size and were athletic, but smoothly back fills them with good players from other south Tarrant teams like Vitesse. Come select this team core players will stay together and be coached by GA becoming a strong top 5-7 LH D1 team come next fall. We don't need a Mayan Calendar to forecast this one as history will repeat itself like his '02s. sunny
Expect them to play boys this Spring.....thus opening up another TGPL Gold spot. Come on Bumpy....we rely on you for information like this....you're gonna have to find more (and better) sources than Fly_Girl.

LP Dalglish - new additions from South and FCD settling in well. Going to be a top tier team in TGPL this spring easily. Don't be surprise on movement to and from this team as we get closer to select. Only real questions come select are who will be the coach and why would any parent invest in a club @ select time that isn't a member of ECNL? Can LP ever become a member of ECNL? That's a whole other discussion. affraid

FCD East - a good coached team that still has a top offense and lots of direct speed. Depth and defense is lacking. No longer an underdog, but considered by most as FCD top team? Being a top team for your club makes your team a target where everyone is gunning for you, especially your fellow sister team that feel they are the Premiere team? Idea

See below

Middle of the pack

Sting M - roster size a real concern going forward. Where does Big Blue prioritize their best talent to play ? History and past performance would say AG? Every year a strong team implodes just before select and surprises everyone? Could this be the one? Question Question

Cosmos - best of the independents with a history of getting a D1 spot come select against all odds. This is a very streaky team that can get blown out one week and respond with a surprise win the next week? Never know what team will show up on any given Saturday? If it's the good one, tough team to play! Exclamation Exclamation
relegate the bottom two Gold teams, I say.

Fever - coach/dd combination will always make them competitive when playing on 9v9 size field. When this group has to play on real 11v11 size field, not going to be a good experience for Fever followers. Eventually will need to merge with another team and get more depth or they will not make D1 come select?

FCD - trying everything and anything to sell parents that is a good choice come select? New Pre-ECNL league, world class coach, tons of player, and Advocare? The fact is outside of great facilities prioritized for their boys team FCD focus will always be on the boys club! Lots of drama with this group? Question silent
The FCD Premier team improved more than any other team in the off-season....they have free agent acquisitions that are HUGE...earth shattering. This is my pick to win the Gold division.....and contrary to popular belief, they are the top FCD team.

Again...if you're gonna report on the status of the 03s....you're gonna have to hit the pavement and do some investigative reporting. Come on Bumpy, you're better than that.

Sting W - quietly chugging along. Quality coach with realistic parents enjoying life in Tarrant County away from Dallas politics as another strong team for Big Blue. Will be a 10-12 finisher first year of select. cheers

relegation

Solar Chelsea - new coach, new group of kids playing together. All this team will need is time and realistic expectations. Most likely a top 10-12 team come select. Will not see the true potential of this new team until mid-season? All the SRSA haters are going to attack this group of kids and new coach every chance they get. FCD, LP, Sting, and Texans can have 5 or more teams in each age group, not SRSA?

Whoever is invited in to play with the returning teams will have a rough season-

D'Feeters Hilliard (formerly LP-Wheelan) looking forward to seeing a little more Green come spring on the fields and wish this group lots of success. The move of Wheelan to Feet was predicted by Flygirl. Crystal ball? Nice call! Exclamation Exclamation

Sting Goodman - the higher competition of the Gold league play will benefit girls, but wins will be very very few.

SRSA - to all the haters and naysayers. Since the end of the Fall Season it has been confirmed DM is moving team to AS. Outside of the Truth Must Be Told ridiculous posts of knowing all within SRSA ranks, this change in coaching is done. Just another example in the soccer world how history repeats itself? Another truth come Spring is SRSA will not play in TGPL at all. All reports have them playing the boys which is what they need. Hate or love 'em this is a very talented team that will kick off the Spring season playing in the Vegas Cup against some of the top teams from SoCal and other states. When one of our own NT teams travel outside Texas everyone in our soccer community should want to see our local girls succeed and wish SRSA and all the other NT teams traveling to this tournament Good Luck! cheers cheers cheers

Merry Christmas to all my fellow 03 posters....all five of you.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 25/12/12, 01:00 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:'03G Latest Outlook -

Reward Vitesse, and the team formerly known as Liverpool Whelan, yes. Reward, Sting Goodman....I don't see PT rewarding a SDL team with gold status unless they are clearly a top10....and that's not the case here. I'm not even sure if they want to play TGPL...I believe his 04s will, though.

The Top Teams of TGPL

Expect them to play boys this Spring.....thus opening up another TGPL Gold spot. Come on Bumpy....we rely on you for information like this....you're gonna have to find more (and better) sources than Fly_Girl.

See below

Middle of the pack

relegate the bottom two Gold teams, I say.

The FCD Premier team improved more than any other team in the off-season....they have free agent acquisitions that are HUGE...earth shattering. This is my pick to win the Gold division.....and contrary to popular belief, they are the top FCD team.

Again...if you're gonna report on the status of the 03s....you're gonna have to hit the pavement and do some investigative reporting. Come on Bumpy, you're better than that.

relegation

Merry Christmas to all my fellow 03 posters....all five of you.

Merry Christmas from Puerto Rico, Mr. Solar and all others reading - from all 5 of us + a couple of 04 posters and one 02! tongue
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by knaizer 28/12/12, 09:31 pm

Vitesse 03 girls, has gained a few players, but hasn't lost any. Our group is busy working hard, building it's own practice facility and preparing for the upcoming season, as well as select which will be here before we all know it.

We are still looking for players & 1 part-time field/part-time goalie. If interested come out for some practices or give our coach a call with any questions. Talk with our parents about this group...very hardworking team & wonderful environment!

For questions or to come out call or email Coach Chad Naizer @ (817)253-9675 or cnaizer@msn.com. Happy New Year to all our soccer friends out there!

knaizer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

'03 Division Outlook - Page 16 Empty 03 Observations this winter

Post by flygirl 09/01/13, 10:01 am

Just my annoying observations and assumptions so far this winter for the top 10 - 03s. So if you generally find me annoying, please go read about Abby Wambach or something...

1. SRSA - I have now seen all 3 teams play futsal in the 03 division - and a glimpse of the team playing in the 02 division. The SRSA teams playing in the 03s are competitive with the other top teams playing the division: LP Daglish, FCD Predator, Sting G, Fever, DT South. Most games are not blow outs but competitive and can or do go either way. Now on the other hand, the game I happened upon in the 02 division with SRSA was up 11-0 at the half at which time they rolled the score back to 10 and stopped keeping track. This shows the depth they have - how will it translate to outdoor? They will have the #1 team consisting of the 8 they have playing the 02 futsal division. So lets take the top 8 key players from the other 03 teams and stick them on the Solca team. I think you still have a D1 team with the remainder of girls for Colvin probably going in at the 10-15 range. I hear from the parents they have been told they will all still practice together, if this is true, I would say the Colvin squad will be a top 10, if not top 5 contender by the end of the first year of LH. Practice with better players and you will become a better player.

2. DT South - Rumors like to fly about this team - but Adames seems to be a pretty good poker player and holds his hand close to his chest. I see alot of quickness and skill in the futsal games from his core group but I worry about depth. You see teams like SRSA and LP Daglish with 3 or 4 teams each and all playing and playing well, DTS has 5 or 6 players in the division. Maybe the rest are playing indoor against boys or other venues further west - as the drive to IAD can be a whip from the mid-cities. It seems the Vitesse "merger" was just speculation, which was an easy one to make when you not only see the top two players playing for DTS in a tournament - and also, the Vitesse coach even on the sidelines for a game in the tournament! I will still keep them in the top 3 going into qualifying with an * - they are a defiant, vigilant group who play a good ol' brand of North Texas soccer - take that how you want... The Texans seem content with the 03 situation and it will be interesting to see when or if one of the big reputation coaches step in. For the most part DTS is somewhat of a known unknown - or unknown known? (if either is a term) which is probably just the way Adames wants it.

3. Sting Mendoza - Hello? Anyone there? Shhhhhh.... development in progress... Sure wish Outonthelimb would break silence, he was a fun read and gave good insight.

4. Sting Gutierrez - Lots of shopping going on with this team. AG seems to have grabbed the wheel nicely and still has the support from SS as he regularly show up at futsal games. Players trying the team out, the team trying out players is the norm this winter for this team. AG will solidify team into something special, I think everyone knows that - hopefully she can put the puzzle together by spring and the team can be a cohesive unit by qualifying. Where will they end up? Top 10 for sure - how far up? Your guess is as good as mine.

5. LP Daglish - 2 or 3 very competitive futsal teams and a great group of girls and parents. LW has the 03 numbers, it is just mining the diamonds and solidifying that #1 team. Many known new players will up their level to top 3 status shortly. I will go out there and say #2 by qualifying and enough talent to support another top 10 team somewhere out there - Keegan / Rush? Can 03 Daglish be the makings of another Pulp super team that defies the ECNL check mark? Gotta love the story of flipping the bird to the North Texas Soccer establishment.

6. FCD Predator - Fast, Fast, Fast - quickness, speed, agility embodies this team. Nothing new here- and by the looks of forum posts almost 3 teams deep with girls- they are impressive to watch play futsal - you just wonder when the title of "Premier" will be given to this team. I predict a top 5 ranking for the core of Predator going into qualifying as the powers at FCD may assert themselves and cherry pick a top team for the name of Premier-Diaz. Will be interesting to watch sort out- there is much love and loyalty for JH on this team.

7. FCD Premier - Very quiet on purpose - either Diaz is busy developing a cohesive team infused with new players or they do not want to show weakness to Predator. My guess is team would be 10-15 come qualifying as it was at the end of the fall season. Maybe the top talent looking at moving to FCD is gravitating toward Predator? The advantages they have over their inter club rival is practice location at the stadium and an accomplished ECNL "labeled" coach.

8. D'Feeters - Will be one of the most watched team next season. WIll the move be a success or a bust for Feet and Hillard? The story begins with the Michael Brown Winter Classic. I am calling success and Feet will have a solid top 10 team come qualifying - has that happened recently?

9 / 10 / 11 - Vitesse, Cosmos, Fever - Indys... There is something to say for the road less traveled. There are common threads with these three development based teams. 1) each can do a number on any of the fore-mentioned teams on any given Saturday or Sunday. 2) each rely on one or two faithful star players, those players do not perform, the team follows - that is the case with most teams, just not as drastic. 3) Star players are coaches DDs - not the case with Cosmos (I don't think), but how does Daddy coach work when the DDs turn 13 or 14? Love my Dad more than anything in the world, but I sure as hell didn't want him coaching me anymore than he already did in the car - especially when I became a teenager and knew alot "more than he did". Laughing

Good luck to all leading up to signing day. I hear it is about to get crazy out there - I have heard crazy has already started in some camps - we just always have to remember to not take this to seriously, it is supposed to be fun and a way to spend quality time with our DDs and teach them how to navigate life with what you are dealt. One year of 10 year old girls soccer or what team you are on does not mean that much in the grand scheme of things.

flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDudeAbides 01/02/13, 09:07 am

Bump!
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/02/13, 09:41 am

8. D'Feeters - Will be one of the most watched team next season. WIll the move be a success or a bust for Feet and Hillard? The story begins with the Michael Brown Winter Classic. I am calling success and Feet will have a solid top 10 team come qualifying - has that happened recently?

I think this was a terrible tournament for this group. Top 15 sure but 8 is too high. The second question is gutierrez too high, a top 10 team most likely but certainly not a 4 without the guess players.....

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 01/02/13, 09:59 am

Feet will drop, no doubt, but still a solid top15 team.
The thing about Sting Gut is....the results warrant that number 4 spot.
When you face them....no matter how much you agree with the roster moves,
You're gonna face a top5 calibre team. Without help, they probably do drop around 5 spots to 9 or 10. But, if recent history is any indication, they'll be suiting up guess players every week and not just any guests...game changers.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/02/13, 10:06 am

SolarPower00 wrote:Feet will drop, no doubt, but still a solid top15 team.
You're gonna face a top5 calibre team. Without help, they probably do drop around 5 spots to 9 or 10. But, if recent history is any indication, they'll be suiting up guess players every week and not just any guests...game changers.

But that begs the question, who suits up in july? And if you have relied on those nowgone guess players where does that leave you in king tut?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/02/13, 10:10 am

Imo after the top 6,excluding sting gut, it is a mad scramble after that for the next 9 spots, each of these teams able on a given day to beat the other..

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 01/02/13, 10:14 am

Are we really bringing this post back? It lives!!!

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 01/02/13, 10:15 am

silentparent wrote:

But that begs the question, who suits up in july? And if you have relied on those nowgone guess players where does that leave you in king tut?

Therein lies the problem.
But, a favorable QT seed can go along way towards taking care of business in weekend number 1....then enjoying the pool or beach for weekend number 2 ...while the rest of us are playing for our LHGCL lives Mad
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/02/13, 10:17 am

Joe scafone wrote:Are we really bringing this post back? It lives!!!

like a voracious beast it will consume more and more posts till it keels over dies after QT Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/02/13, 10:19 am

SolarPower00 wrote:
silentparent wrote:

Therein lies the problem.
But, a favorable QT seed can go along way towards taking care of business in weekend number 1....then enjoying the pool or beach for weekend number 2 ...while the rest of us are playing for our LHGCL lives Mad

True but that seed is heavily influenced by how you do AFTER july 1st. So laying eggs in those tournaments is highly destructive to your seed....hmm that sounded a little weird but oh well...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next