North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

UTD Field Conditions - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

UTD Field Conditions

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

UTD Field Conditions - Page 4 Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by UTD Field Director* 27/02/19, 07:34 pm

A few updates . . .

The lot has not yet been resurfaced.  Stay tuned for additional details.

No one has informed me of any cat herding on field 7.  It's quite likely that could have been planned by Dave before the formal "separation".  He was always a cat guy.

After an incident last weekend, we felt the need to reiterate some of the complex rules:

(1) Firearms are only allowed on the lower fields.

(2) All drugs and alcohol must be consumed prior to entering the facility.

As always, we appreciate your patronage.

*UTD Field Manager is a volunteer position not affiliated with UTD, LHGCL, LHGCL board members (uptight or otherwise), Mother Nature, txsoccer.net, porta-potty manufacturers or servicers, asphalt pavers, dog shows, dog breeds of any kind, carnivals, parking attendants, The City of Lewisville, ignoramuses, clubs, teams or team managers (witty or otherwise), current, past, or future, ECNL, USSDA, JDL, FDL, FPDL, NCL, NPL, PPL, APL, US Soccer, USYS, NTSA, NTTA, NCAA, US Club, or FIFA.

The views posted herein are my own and do not represent those of any aforementioned parties.

Last edited by UTD Field Director* on 28/02/19, 02:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 28/02/19, 03:17 pm

Everyone is invited to LHGCL customer appreciation night on Monday, March 11, at 7:00pm at the UTD athletic office.  Please bring only your positive comments and enjoy the free beer, wine, and hors d’oeuvres.

UTD Field Conditions - Page 4 Captur11

*UTD Field Director is a volunteer position not affiliated with UTD, LHGCL, LHGCL board members (uptight or otherwise), Mother Nature, txsoccer.net, porta-potty manufacturers or servicers, asphalt pavers, dog shows, dog breeds of any kind, carnivals, parking attendants, The City of Lewisville, ignoramuses, clubs, teams or team managers (witty or otherwise), current, past, or future, ECNL, USSDA, JDL, FDL, FPDL, NCL, NPL, PPL, APL, US Soccer, USYS, NTSA, NTTA, NCAA, US Club, or FIFA.

The views posted herein are my own and do not represent those of any aforementioned parties.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern. 28/02/19, 07:27 pm

New here but enjoy this thread. Is the dave guy with Lake Highlands? He seems very angry over kids soccer and needs to lighten up.

Big Ern.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 28/02/19, 09:35 pm

Not sure if Dave doesn't have a sense of humor, or if he has that stick shoved so far up his ass you can see it when he yawns.

Hey Dave - are you a cat guy?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 28/02/19, 10:19 pm

Dave's not here, man

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 28/02/19, 11:03 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:

Hey Dave - are you a cat guy?

Or if he has a dog.

UTD Field Conditions - Page 4 Screen10

And Dave's here. He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake.  So don't poke fun at LHGCL for goodness sake!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern. 01/03/19, 06:54 am

When are the elections for the LH board?

Big Ern.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 01/03/19, 09:54 am

UTD Field Conditions - Page 4 Fb_img10

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 01/03/19, 11:26 am

Funny SoccerDad.  We always appreciate a little humor here on this thread.  Helps us all to cope better with the last-minute weather closures and carnival cancellations.

Good news is – fields are currently open.  Still waiting on a Field 7 status update as we try to determine if the odor is residual from the dog show or a septic leak.  Will keep you apprised.

Also, given the frigid conditions expected on Sunday, we are investigating whether the metal trash bins can double as fire pits.  Will let you know what we find out.

As always – enjoy your games!

*UTD Field Director is a volunteer position not affiliated with UTD, LHGCL, LHGCL board members (uptight or otherwise), Mother Nature, txsoccer.net, porta-potty manufacturers or servicers, asphalt pavers, dog shows, dog breeds of any kind, carnivals, parking attendants, The City of Lewisville, ignoramuses, clubs, teams or team managers (witty or otherwise), current, past, or future, ECNL, USSDA, JDL, FDL, FPDL, NCL, NPL, PPL, APL, US Soccer, USYS, NTSA, NTTA, NCAA, US Club, or FIFA.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MyDDisBetterThanYours 01/03/19, 12:15 pm

While all of this back and forth is fine, what it comes down to is who can perform whether the field conditions are ideal or not. My daughter kills it under any conditions. We've been discussing contracts with Nike and Adidas. Olivia Moultrie got the jump on us. She's alright. I'm hoping we can get out there this weekend and open up a can. This idle time bores my DD almost as much as the competition. Maybe DA is the way to go, for now.

MyDDisBetterThanYours
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hat Trick Rick 01/03/19, 02:05 pm

MyDDisBetterThanYours wrote:While all of this back and forth is fine, what it comes down to is who can perform whether the field conditions are ideal or not.  My daughter kills it under any conditions.  We've been discussing contracts with Nike and Adidas. Olivia Moultrie got the jump on us. She's alright. I'm hoping we can get out there this weekend and open up a can. This idle time bores my DD almost as much as the competition. Maybe DA is the way to go, for now.

Nike is small time, especially after what they did to Zion Williams and forcing him to take a knee....... (unlike many NFL players who do it willingly). I'd recommend sticking with Adidas and maybe talking to Wheaties, BMW or even Volkswagen (most people have forgotten about VW's emissions scandal haven't they?). Stay away from Lexus and Mercedes, they're being spoken for............

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bobsled 01/03/19, 02:48 pm

Is the scheduled ice hockey tournament still on for fields 7 and 8 tomorrow? My kid needs to know whether to bring skates, cleats or the pooper scooper.

bobsled
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 01/03/19, 03:23 pm

Mydd and hat trick.

You are treading on thin ice here.  The is the official UTD Field Director* thread.

If you continue to post your frivolous comments, I will be forced to discuss action against you at our next meeting.

To everyone else, let's hope the weather improves so we can have a great weekend of soccer.

As for field availability - please be aware that the official LHGCL policy is that field conditions for weekend games will not be updated until 6am on game day, regardless of conditions.  If our volunteers have to get up early to assess the fields, you can too.  Things are looking good, however, for getting field 7 reopened.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 02/03/19, 12:01 pm

Fields are currently open.

***Please note - I have been told that trash can fires are prohibited.***

Have fun out there!

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hat Trick Rick 02/03/19, 01:24 pm

OK, just so I’m clear, when you say no more “frivolous comments” do you mean frivolous like “field maintenance fee” type of frivolous or do you mean frivolous like “ all LHGCL games have been cancelled this weekend because it rained in Arizona last year ” type of frivolous? Just want to be sure I’m not treading on the wrong kind of ice! Thanks for all you do!

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 02/03/19, 09:00 pm

Hat trick - as I learned from our former volunteer Dave -

Keep digging...

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyUtah 02/03/19, 09:40 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Brian Griffins BFF wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:2 questions

Will the carnival be rescheduled?  

Are the fields open tonight?

In other words...is parking lot resurfaced and ready for action?

rumor is UTD scheduled an outdoor lab for Herding Cats 101 on field 7 tonight...any truth to this rumor? Cat urine has the power to dissolve carpet...no problem for our hero right UTDFD?

Don't count it.  UTD only budgeted for 3 bags of quick-dry TOTAL between the Baseball and Softball teams, all of which were used up last weekend.  In other words, UTD is officially out of kitty litter. cat

(Somewhere, there's a tie-in to KW, the WW's, and a punch being thrown at a ref in all of this.)

Aw, The WhiteWalkers came out today.  KW’s players screaming at the ref!  .

JohnnyUtah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyUtah 02/03/19, 09:49 pm

Fields looked great! Almost, like they hadn’t been touched at all. Anyone taking bets on Sunday’s games??

JohnnyUtah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 02/03/19, 09:59 pm

Thanks Johnny.

Due to our affiliation with amateur sports, we cannot encourage gambling on this thread.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 03/03/19, 06:57 am

Even though we have received less than a 1/4" of rain, we have decided to cancel all games today.

However, if you are still interested in watching soccer today, Toyota Soccer Center and Moneygram Soccer Park are still open for games.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 13/03/19, 03:45 pm

Are the fields open today? It's really nice outside
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 06/04/19, 10:01 am

Fields are closed.

Our apologies for the last minute notice.  We are aware that the information regarding the cancellation of 9:45 games was sent out only about 5 minutes before the games.

As a gesture of goodwill, we had rehired Dave to monitor weather conditions.  Apparently he overslept this morning.  We will be addressing this with him at the next board meeting.

Please be aware that our lightning notification system is also not working properly.  Remember - actually seeing lighting does NOT mean games are automatically suspended.  Please wait for the referee to alert you to unsafe conditions.

*UTD Field Manager is a volunteer position not affiliated with UTD, LHGCL, LHGCL board members (uptight or otherwise), Mother Nature, txsoccer.net, porta-potty manufacturers or servicers, asphalt pavers, dog shows, dog breeds of any kind, carnivals, parking attendants, The City of Lewisville, ignoramuses, clubs, teams or team managers (witty or otherwise), current, past, or future, ECNL, USSDA, JDL, FDL, FPDL, NCL, NPL, PPL, APL, US Soccer, USYS, NTSA, NTTA, NCAA, US Club, or FIFA. 

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 06/04/19, 08:06 pm

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxine Waters 11/04/19, 12:13 pm

So, from a financial oversight standpoint, will LH be refunding any money to all these teams that were basically shorted 1/2 a season? I am assuming these "double" games were supposed to suffice....

Maxine Waters
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 11/04/19, 01:05 pm

Maxine my dear... You need a better dealer.. Your weed isn't strong enough or you ain't smokin it right.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 11/04/19, 02:01 pm

Maxine Waters wrote:So, from a financial oversight standpoint, will LH be refunding any money to all these teams that were basically shorted 1/2 a season?  I am assuming these "double" games were supposed to suffice....

Love you dear Maxine, but have to admit there are sharper tools in the shed.

How hard is it for you to understand that the soccer elite feel that our children in the US play too many games vs training.

They also struggle to reconcile their desire for a high revenue levels with the desire of the obstinate customers (children/parents) to play games.

The fix was simple:
. schedule the league games
. sign the contracts
. cancel and don't make up a portion of the league games
. schedule tournaments at incremental cost

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content