North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Team Bye vs Club Bye

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by NoSpinZone 11/07/18, 11:38 am

Zizou wrote:
SoccerSuckers wrote:Development + byes = cash simple arithmetic.

You are starting to sound like the reincarnation of Medecine Man under a different name.

Hey...where did Meth Man go?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 11/07/18, 11:40 am

It's simple math. 1 + 1 = 2 The target market now is in essence the value to the parents and kids who still find value in a title.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 11/07/18, 11:49 am

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:So, if everyone knows about it, how does it continue to happen? The other frustrating part is watching coaches care more about their pocketbook than growing their players’ skills and love the of the game. It seems the new philosophy is “let’s throw together a team (so I can get another paycheck) and who gives a flip how they end up doing as long as I have your contract and your money.”

Don't know that the philosophy is new.

It may have more to do with how the rules have changed over the last 10 years and they can be more open in their ways given the way the way the balance of power has shifted.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 11/07/18, 12:09 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:It's simple math. 1 + 1 = 2  The target market now is in essence the value to the parents and kids who still find value in a title.

Hey, as long as those “coaches” who know how to play the political game even has f they don’t know how to nor care to take the time to teach the actual game can grow their amount of teams, all is great in the soccer world!

Quantity outweighs quality nowadays...

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 11/07/18, 12:35 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:
SoccerSuckers wrote:It's simple math. 1 + 1 = 2  The target market now is in essence the value to the parents and kids who still find value in a title.

Hey, as long as those “coaches” who know how to play the political game even has f they don’t know how to nor care to take the time to teach the actual game can grow their amount of teams, all is great in the soccer world!

Quantity outweighs quality nowadays...

You are correct sister! Where have you been the last five years.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by President Camacho 11/07/18, 12:49 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Zizou wrote:

You are starting to sound like the reincarnation of Medecine Man under a different name.

Shhhhhhh... It might be like Voldemort in Harry Potter. Saying his name gives him power and can bring him back.
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/07/18, 01:00 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:So, if everyone knows about it, how does it continue to happen? The other frustrating part is watching coaches care more about their pocketbook than growing their players’ skills and love the of the game. It seems the new philosophy is “let’s throw together a team (so I can get another paycheck) and who gives a flip how they end up doing as long as I have your contract and your money.”

Because Texans, FCD, Solar, Sting & Feet represent 2/3’s + of LHGCL’s annual revenue. 5 years ago (and maybe earlier than that) LHGCL caved in and starting writing rules that would favor their largest customers, to the detriment of the other 1/3 of the customers. The point that LHGCL misses is that those big clubs need LH’s just as much as LH’s needs them. Without LH’s clearing the path for them (CPP and Club keeps the bye) all those fake teams can’t exist. Without all those fake teams, the big clubs can’t afford to supplement their top teams and pay the large salaries to their top 2-3 Coaches. I consider $170,000 to be a pretty large salary for a youth soccer Coach. How do I know this for a fact? Because their tax filings with the IRS are public domain due to their status as a public charity. The short answer is, the leadership is ethically bankrupt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 11/07/18, 01:20 pm

OLJW wrote:

Because Texans, FCD, Solar, Sting & Feet represent 2/3’s + of LHGCL’s annual revenue. 5 years ago (and maybe earlier than that) LHGCL caved in and starting writing rules that would favor their largest customers, to the detriment of the other 1/3 of the customers. The point that LHGCL misses is that those big clubs need LH’s just as much as LH’s needs them. Without LH’s clearing the path for them (CPP and Club keeps the bye) all those fake teams can’t exist. Without all those fake teams, the big clubs can’t afford to supplement their top teams and pay the large salaries to their top 2-3 Coaches. I consider $170,000 to be a pretty large salary for a youth soccer Coach. How do I know this for a fact? Because their tax filings with the IRS are public domain due to their status as a public charity. The short answer is, the leadership is ethically bankrupt.

What you talkin bout Willis? These clubs are for charity.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 11/07/18, 01:38 pm

I am just full of questions today.... how can this be fixed? Our family lucked out— we found a smaller club that has coaches that are there for the right reasons: teaching the game and developing players, and not just to make money. I wish more parents were more savvy of what was actually happening at their dd’s and wallet’s expenses.

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 11/07/18, 01:54 pm

For 6OK theres a special deal going on called Bye delight.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/07/18, 01:57 pm

Each to his own opinion. I could say the same for other players that have had very successful campaigns with the larger clubs training with great coaches, talented players, and playing against the best talent within the state, region, and national levels. You would also be very surprised the cost of a very talented player usually is less than what you are paying.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/07/18, 01:59 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:For 6OK theres a special deal going on called Bye delight.

Oh shit, he is back.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 11/07/18, 02:38 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:I am just full of questions today.... how can this be fixed? Our family lucked out— we found a smaller club that has coaches that are there for the right reasons: teaching the game and developing players, and not just to make money. I wish more parents were more savvy of what was actually happening at their dd’s and wallet’s expenses.
Good, effective and personalized soccer on the cheap?  What a concept! You can patent that and make some good money.  But wait, then you will be going back to the same concept which has been around for years through out the national:  Making money on youth soccer.

There is a reason why the Big 5s have been around youth soccer for generations.
If you think you are getting a good deal on a small club soccer, then most likely you are getting exactly what you are paying for.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 11/07/18, 02:50 pm

We are getting what we paid for: quality coaching without having to worry about politics and kissing ass, and playing with other girls who have parents that are more concerned with their daughter’s growth as a player and happiness than a title that is holding less and less value.

Funny isn’t it—- America is the only country that the best youth pay to play? Ronaldo nor Rooney never paid to play in their youth.

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 11/07/18, 02:54 pm

Zizou wrote:Each to his own opinion. I could say the same for other players that have had very successful campaigns with the larger clubs training with great coaches, talented players, and playing against the best talent within the state, region, and national levels. You would also be very surprised the cost of a very talented player usually is less than what you are paying.

Not unlike a lot of other things.

The better you are, and the more an institution or business wants you and thinks you can benefit them, the more they will pay you, or discount their offerings:
. Compensation at work
. College tuition for academics
. College tuition for athletics

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 11/07/18, 03:08 pm

Pick up the phone call we need ypu.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 11/07/18, 03:14 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:Pick up the phone call we need ypu.

Who are you referring to?

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/07/18, 03:59 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:
SoccerSuckers wrote:Pick up the phone call we need ypu.

Who are you referring to?

Himself. It depends which personality has control at any particular moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 11/07/18, 04:42 pm

It's a metaphorical statement. Run with it.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by YoQuieroSoccer 11/07/18, 05:34 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Zizou wrote:

SoccerSuckers = Medicine Man¿
YoQuieroSoccer
YoQuieroSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/07/18, 07:36 pm

03 Mommy,

If you believe a coach of one of your kids thinks this way, I hope like hell you are smart enough to remove her from that sitch --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/07/18, 07:46 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:Half the teams are illegally playing in LH it's a joke. No accountability no rules these days. It's all business wake up peeps. LH for some teams dont even qualify for recreational.

Genius!  Look at suckers ... Sittin' around, spreadin' knowledge --

Go on Son!

Neutral

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/07/18, 08:00 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:We are getting what we paid for: quality coaching without having to worry about politics and kissing ass, and playing with other girls who have parents that are more concerned with their daughter’s growth as a player and happiness than a title that is holding less and less value.

Funny isn’t it—- America is the only country that the best youth pay to play? Ronaldo nor Rooney never paid to play in their youth.

Certainly isn't funny 03 Mommy --

While it sounds like your kid is in a favorable spot, your contention about how things happen at the bigs (and how titles are viewed for that matter) is far from accurate ... Which is ok as it sounds like you're a bit of a newbie  Very Happy

And since you're so full'o questions today, I have one for ya just for grins ...

Why is it that you think that this is the case?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 11/07/18, 08:55 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:We are getting what we paid for: quality coaching without having to worry about politics and kissing ass, and playing with other girls who have parents that are more concerned with their daughter’s growth as a player and happiness than a title that is holding less and less value.

Certainly isn't funny 03 Mommy --

While it sounds like your kid is in a favorable spot, your contention about how things happen at the bigs (and how titles are viewed for that matter) is far from accurate ... Which is ok as it sounds like you're a bit of a newbie  Very Happy

And since you're so full'o questions today, I have one for ya just for grins ...

Why is it that you think that this is the case?

Honestly, I don’t know. What do you think the reason is? I do know that American soccer is far behind the rest of the world, at least on the men’s side, and the women are losing their head start. I also know that America's best are headed out of country to play in the EPL and the other foreign leagues amongst those who never paid to play.

BigErn, i’m Not saying that every coach from the big 5 is worried more about quantity than quality. I played for a big, and I had a great experience! However, (and this gives away my age) this was back before the club world was over saturated and any Joe Schmo could take a class and be considered a coach worth paying the big bucks to. I’m just saying for every great coach (and there are some fantastic coaches that deserve a lot of credit)that is with one of the big’s, there seems to be at least 4-5 that are there for a paycheck first, then the development of their players.

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 12/07/18, 06:09 am

When leagues start awarding by merit and not by a paycheck then soccer might be a real sport again. Right now it's just a beauty contest.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 12/07/18, 09:25 am

Good news U90C has a new league this season that will hopefully change the landscape Laughing

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next